The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Delaware= No Multi Colored........Anymore lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 76

Delaware= No Multi Colored........Anymore lol

Well it was about time I got this thing painted. I never knew how much paint & bodywork costed, I got quoted 3800-4500K to get the whole car painted 2 tone exactly want i wanted. Butttt fter thinking about it my paint wasn't in bad condition, plus im going to pick up a new car soon so this wont get as much as attention as she does now. So i decided to get the parts i really need to get her looking good & give up my original plans.

Refinish & Paint
    -JDM New Style Front End
    -JDM Liberal Grill
    -JDM VR-4 Rear Bumper
    -JDM New Style Rear Splats
    -JDM New Style Skirts
    -JDM Fender Flares
    -JDM Mirrors
    -Quarter Panel Dent Removed & Paint

They also removed & installed everything back for me. My rear bumper had ALOT of scathes, and my side skirts were VERY bad so much curb rash in them. I paid $1450 Out the door, lifetime warranty on paint & labor. I went to 3 shops and got quote $1400(maaco) $1800 (winner auto) $2K (Auto Body Center) and those prices are with ME uninstalling and Reinstalling my self & WITHOUT side skirt's since i didn't have them on me. So i got a great deal, they also bolted down my grill, since i had no clue, and cleaned the gaps in the rear bumper. Im very happy with how she is now, Pics with side skirts & flares will come soon.

PS: what kind of screws did you guys use to install the sideskirts?

LIL PS:
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 04-16-2009 at 11:21 PM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Sick Ron....can't wait to see it in person, all matched up!

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

that thing looks sweet man!!! I want to see some sideview shots.

only thing that should be changed is the "can" style muffler you got on there.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Nice! one day ill get mine painted...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Wow. That is nice.

Oooooh nice

Thanks guys, the Muffler is next i have no idea what i should go with any recommendations? I'll take side shots once i get the flares & skirts on! I still got a little something for that grill.
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    You should tell us more about that shop. I'd drive down there to get work done. Far drive, but good work.

looks damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Thanks guys, the Muffler is next i have no idea what i should go with any recommendations? I'll take side shots once i get the flares & skirts on! I still got a little something for that grill.
    A'pexi WS or Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion.

Shit, you could probably pull off the oval Magnaflow with an oval tip.

actually now that I think about it, that would look awesome.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

LIL PS:
    [/QUOTE]

dammnnn bro really sweet..!! seriously I really want to make my car like ures or at least taking alot of ideas from u..!!!
    hey how did u make this pic..!?!?
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Photoshop, get a tri pod take the shot in the same spot with hood close & one with the hood open. Then blend the images together with the clone tool.
    13 GTR

Finally! ;-) Looks clean, and sounds like you got a good deal on all the work done. Congrats :-D

Looks amazing Ron, one question, could you get some pics on how they bolted the grill down, I'm trying to figure out a more reliable way to mount mine than the way it is now
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

yeah ill shoot you a PM with pics tomorrow. Its funny because the way they did, i never thought about it even though its right in your face! LOL wanna trade?
    13 GTR

yeah, dude, I'll send you my cf one for it lol
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

looks 100x better bro! a finishing touch would be to remove bumper and grill and paint everthing visible through the grills, flat black (your FMIC will "float" and really stand out). i foregot to ask the shop to do it when i first got my car done so i just did it my self... here's a pic of what i painted black:

Yeah good idea, ill pick up some paint and tackle that after the sides & flares are finished. Thanks alot for the pointer!
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Wow! Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Yeah good idea, ill pick up some paint and tackle that after the sides & flares are finished. Thanks alot for the pointer!
    no prob bro, your car is looking VERY good! btw, i just used flat black engine paint and sprayed a thin coat. you don't need much back there since it's never really exposed but the black really will set off the front end and the grills.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast