The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspenion Question

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Suspenion Question

Hi guys, friend of mine has a 7g Galant Sports GT (6A12TT), now the back suspenion is fooked & was wondering if other model Galant suspeion of that era (7gen) suspenion would fit ok, as Mitsu will want a millon Squid (£) for replacements, i can pos get replacements but will struggle to find the ones on a parts place data base for that car

So if they share the same as other model galants i.e 2.0 NA V6 galant etc etc, then were laughing!

Its a Hatchaback model, not a Saloon or Estate too

8G vr-4 suspension will work, and all other 7G suspension is the same

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    what exactly is "fooked" in your rear suspension?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

ah right, its the shock it self, pissing out oil, when you drive it, it sounds like there is a knocking noise coming from it, which there is, because we checked yesterday & the handling is really crud atm, so they deffo need replacing

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Ok...well you can use 7g and world spec 8g suspension since they share the same suspension setup.

You stated its a hatchback model. I am pretty sure the rear shock assemblies will fit off the saloon or estate Galant models, but the difference is weight dampening which is most likely a slight difference between the hatchback/saloon/ and estate. I personally couldn't tell you..since the estate and hatchback version never made it here in the states.

Have you considered buying a quality aftermarket brand replacement. They would be cheaper than the mitsu dealer.

If you are on a tight budget...you can most likely use the rear shock assembly on either of the models.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Like i say, its a friends car (where from the UK btw), he don't really want to spend mega buckets onit, its on coilovers on the front but not the rears....odd (he bought it like that), so just replacing the rear shock's with standard items will do for now as he is thinking of selling it!

he has only had the car for 2 weeks & it has only been on the road a few days because of the Alternator packing up

He really don't want be spending mega buck's onit, as the Alternator cost him £200 to replace & he lost his job the other month at Honda so times are hard!

yeah i got the same problem, when driving the car sould like something is loose and touching, like a rubbing noise.
    so after i replace the shock and spring it is all good, noise gone, and handle like angle. i belive that the spring is ok and the shock just blowen. i heard you, but if you are in uk the money would be much useful in US here. so check on ebay, 160 for all four kyb shock that is like wholesale price. so check it out.

go KYB, part number is 341142. The rear shock is different on 7G and 8G due to the bottom spring diameter so the spring perch on the shock is smaller diameter to suit.

You could use a complete strut from an 8G however although it may mess up the ride height somewhat.

You should be able to get rear shocks from www.carpartsdirect.co.uk - they have a listing for the 92-96 Galant.

got 2 shocks coming tommrow hopefully for a 7g 2.5 v6 gsi (i think its called) so should be ok i hope!

TGC Regular
    Anything from the 8G or 7G VR-4 will bolt straight into the Sports GT
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

place i am getting the shocks from does not have a 1994 VR4 on there database, I believe they have ordered a 2.5v6 hatchback rear shock, as i read on here its the same so really doesnt matter