The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: vr-4 7g bumper diamond edition install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25
    rossralliart

vr-4 7g bumper diamond edition install

what do i need to put the bumper on my car? because i heard that the crash bar have to be removed.:smt041

buy it and you will realize whatit takes.

yes, you can't use a crash bar. you need a custom one made

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

There is one for sale on ebay for lik 300 shiped right now from the same guy I got my vr4 bumper from and you will have it in two days from jdm land

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

rossralliart
    i just bought the bumper i m just trying to get the old one out , but i have problems with the location of the clips ,bolts etc...

lol yea i was having that problem too lol its easier they you think

There are the 2 bolts on the fenders, 2 bolts behind the grills and 4 bolts in the frame of the car, just spray the 4 under the car with some penetrating oil and let them sit for a lil while, should come out with a socket and a nice extension.

While mounting my jdm i had some trouble because how he ships the bumper the two slides kinda got bet a bit.

and for the crash bar i didnt even make one for my car, you can go this route too just pray to god that you never hit anything (which im pretty sure that you will be really careful with it like i am with mine)

and on a last note you are going to have to remount your horn because the jdm bumper interfere with the stock horn location

Hope this helps.

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    lol yea i was having that problem too lol its easier they you think

There are the 2 bolts on the fenders, 2 bolts behind the grills and 4 bolts in the frame of the car, just spray the 4 under the car with some penetrating oil and let them sit for a lil while, should come out with a socket and a nice extension.

While mounting my jdm i had some trouble because how he ships the bumper the two slides kinda got bet a bit.

and for the crash bar i didnt even make one for my car, you can go this route too just pray to god that you never hit anything (which im pretty sure that you will be really careful with it like i am with mine)

and on a last note you are going to have to remount your horn because the jdm bumper interfere with the stock horn location

Hope this helps.
    i never had problem removing the bumper. sometimes taking the t-bar off helps.

i just bent the horn out of the way

crashbar is a must. i don't have one but i am getting one made

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    there are 4 bolts on the fenders for the front bumper.. 2 are in the wheel well easy to see and get to and 2 under the headlights which are the bitch to get 2
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

rossralliart
    in the frame where? they can be seen below the bumper or do i have to open the hood to see them? right now i have gotten out the ones that goes behind the grill ,the clips below ,the ones that are visible behind the bumper , i can "t locate the others please guide me with this.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    there are 2 bolts that areall the way at the end of the fender by the headlight.. your going to need a long extension and you access them from the wheel well.. if you have issues go to the 7g cleared corner tutorial cuz he tells you step by step what to take off
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

k..i have a 98 7g...and i have my diamond edt. bumper on the way...

do you think custom welding some steel pipe from the frame and along the inside of the bumper be sufficient enough for a replacement crashbar?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Devistatix View Post
    k..i have a 98 7g...and i have my diamond edt. bumper on the way...

do you think custom welding some steel pipe from the frame and along the inside of the bumper be sufficient enough for a replacement crashbar?
    yup. the original was fiberglass. just get the bumper in first then see what is the thickest piece of metal you can put in there

awesome..i cant wait!
    98' Galant ES
    *under construction*
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/showthread.php?t=36825
    Pa-Psyfic Productions

thought you guys might like to hear this information......

me and my buddy spent a lot of time dinking around with the bumper trying to figure out how to bolt it up best...at first i though the fog light brackets were in the way...we later found out that you have to actually take out the crash bar supports...the fog brackets then slide into the same bracket that the crash bar supports were in...and bolt right up to the frame...adding extra stability to the bumper and adding a little bit of safety (the brackets are made of metal)...i dont see how you can properly mount this bumper without them...unless you modify something...so yeah...im not sure how many people have this knowledge of the bumper...but i thought that it would be useful..chee
    98' Galant ES
    *under construction*
    Pa-Psyfic Productions

thought you guys might like to hear this information......

me and my buddy spent a lot of time dinking around with the bumper trying to figure out how to bolt it up best...at first i though the fog light brackets were in the way...we later found out that you have to actually take out the crash bar supports...the fog brackets then slide into the same bracket that the crash bar supports were in...and bolt right up to the frame...adding extra stability to the bumper and adding a little bit of safety (the brackets are made of metal)...i dont see how you can properly mount this bumper without them...unless you modify something...so yeah...im not sure how many people have this knowledge of the bumper...but i thought that it would be useful..chee
    wrong. my crashbar supports are still in and don't get in the way. you fitment issue might have been from the wreck. you do not have to remove the crashbar brackets to fit the bumper. just the crash bar since the bumper sits in like 2" closer. something isn't right

and the brackets you got were more than the bracket. thats the JDM crashbar. it's not beefy and as strong as the USDM one. for you to mount fogs with OEM brackets you need the JDM crashbar.

ooo i c..i thought the jdm crash bar was a separate piece that would go across the inside of the bumper somehow...i dont see how these pieces of metal would stop any impact...they are pretty thin, and they bend really easy

this makes the headlights install much much easier as well
    98' Galant ES
    *under construction*
    Pa-Psyfic Productions

ooo i c..i thought the jdm crash bar was a separate piece that would go across the inside of the bumper somehow...i dont see how these pieces of metal would stop any impact...they are pretty thin, and they bend really easy

this makes the headlights install much much easier as well
    ya the JDM bar is foil. it's almost useless. but what we all do is bend the top of the supports back with a hammer.

with most 7G's we are lowered, so all the impact is on the t-bar/hood.

my new crash bar is my intercooler. :(

1996 galant s

I wonder...if you cut off the existing crash bar, shave like 2-2 1/2" off the brackets and weld them back on...could you use the usdm stock crash bar? A little more work, but sounds feasable

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

possibly...but you would probably have to modify the JDM fog brackets as well in order to have them fit with the modified crashbar (unless you arent using the fogs...or...you cut a lot off of the ends of the usdm crashbar)....and the usdm crash bar is hollow...if you cut too much of it its only gonna be like.... a quarter inch of fiberglass for protection...though if done right it is possible...i wouldnt trust myself doing it though..haha...

....if you have the ability to weld....this is what i would do.....

take off the old usdm crashbar and the usdm supports completely....use the jdm foglight brackets/crachsbar....weld some 1 1/2 inch steel piping into the same slot that you are using for the jdm crashbar, with enough space to still slide the bracket in and out when dealing with changes to the bumper, etc...it would probably help to weld the piping to the upper inside wall of the slot...maybe even add a few triangle supports into the bend somehow if you can get your measurements exact enough

either way..id still be a bit sketched about getting hit head on though......i should think this out some more and see if i can come up with an ultimate idea..hehe
    98' Galant ES
    *under construction*
    Pa-Psyfic Productions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast