The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC problem 9g

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

AC problem 9g

just came in to the store with the ac workin and when i got out it crapped out on me...the light is on and everything saying telling me its on, but its not blowing air. I can hear the engine clickin over when i turn on the ac but i dont know whats up.

What can it be guys? i checked all the fuses and seems fine, i read it might be a blower/resistor problem, but not sure where to look for it on the 9g please let me know thanks!
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

i dont know but do u have problem with the lights bc i do. the lights for the climate control and the shift nob are out.

well i found out what the problem was. Wires got super hot and realized the blower harness melted onto the blower... soo i bought a new harness for like 30 bucks and bought a used blower since the connection melted with the harness...ive been reading up and bought the resistor as well damn another 25 bucks there...Is their any reason the wires would get that hot?

ive never really touched the ac till it broke down especially the wirings... would the resistor play in the role of the wires overheating? im afraid if i dont get the resistor the same thing would happen again...

ahhh i hope to be getting everything sometime this week or next....

Not normal, probably some kind of internal short, or just due to poor insulation on the wiring.

remember tech, or dusthead had that same problem
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

does anyone know where the ac resistor is??? spent like two hours unhooking the transistor since it was way back in the glove compartment thinkin it was the resistor....cant find it in the blower system or underneath. Any ideas would be helpful

The Blower motor resistor is usually right on top of the blower itself.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar

yea i crawled upside down underneath took out the blower and looked straight up and around and nothing...ive spent like 4 hours looking for this... i took out the glove compartment and thought this was it...only to be pissed off after two hours of finding the right screw driver to fit in the cramp area and realize its the transistor. ahh

saw another pic that it could be somewhere behind the radio... well that was a waste of time...ill try reading the manual again maybe i missed something

imm gonna shoot someone for making this soo difficult...as i stated above took out the radio and its no where to be found... gosh

is the transistor the same as the resistor? i dont get it, im just getting confused, i

edit: 2 am and just got a lightbulb...
    was probably thinkin too much of this ...and its probably the same function. meaning i have to return it and get a transistor instead...they look almost the same only the plugs are slightly different. ahhhhh its even an extra 50 bucks more. imma find someone with a meter and test it out first
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 06-03-2009 at 04:15 AM

yo im having a problem with my A/C light on the knob, theres cold air but after 10mins the a/c light just starts flashing. its still blowing cold air but i dont know why its flashing.