The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Taipan

ECU

I have a 6g auto Galant in Australia and had a few probs with my transmission in the way that changing from 2nd to 3rd wasn't a crisp change. I took it to a Mitsubishi dealer and they adjusted the idle speed and went over the tranny with a fine tooth comb but couldn't find anything wrong as such, but since it has definitely improved. However, when the engine/tranny is cold it still doesn't change gear crisply by missing the change for a few tenths of a second which is more annoying than anything at this stage. They told me that they are almost certain it is an ECU problem, but when they took it out to look at there were no error codes and no circuit scorch marks. They said you have to get a whole ECU replacement rather than just compents of it which would cost ~ AU$1200 (i.e. equivalent to US$700). Could anyone tell me if the ECU's on US models are different in anyway to those internationally since they are much cheaper over there.

TGC Regular
    they are most likely different. i can almost guarentee it.

MROMIK
    My friend had the same prob. (MMC Eterna 1989) He added HI-GEAR Transmission Tune-Up liquid (HG7015 or HG7019) and the tranny repaired/

sorry for my poor english