The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2009 ralliart Galant suspension question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    Kimo62

2009 ralliart Galant suspension question.

Hi guys/gals,

Noob here. I'm picking up my my newly purchased galant (3.8L V6) tomorrow and I'm looking to get it lowered ASAP.
    Can anyone tell me what will fit? I'd like a 1.5 inch drop but I can't find anything on-line.(I do see stuff for 2004-2008 though).
    I also contacted WORKS but they do not have a dealer in Canada.(I'm living in the GTA)

Maybe, I'm looking in the wrong places.

I'm looking into eibach springs now so If someone can give me a part number for the springs that would be great.(seems to be a popular choice)

Will I need a camber kit????

Thanks,
    Ryan

WORKS really wont ship to Canada? that sucks...

the eibachs youre looking for are part number 6036.140

as far as camber kit goes, as far as i can tell some people have needed them others havent... you'll probably have to figure it out after the drop

**edit: for future reference, everything that fits on the 07-08 models should fit on yours.. but mostly you'll be using parts from the 4th generation eclipse GT

Kimo62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    **edit: for future reference, everything that fits on the 07-08 models should fit on yours.. but mostly you'll be using parts from the 4th generation eclipse GT
    Thanks Rayth
    4G Eclipse is 2006 to present correct???
    Autocity imports in Michgan is willing to ship the WORKS products but since the 4g Eclipse parts fit, then I might just find eibach's or something else locally to save on custom's and duties if the price is right.

yes, 2006+ on the 4th gen Eclipse. Good luck.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

yeah i mean allegedly the WORKs have a slightly less drop with better handling than the eibachs but i mean for the money it'll cost you, you'll prolly be fine with the eibachs

Kimo62
    yeah i mean allegedly the WORKs have a slightly less drop with better handling than the eibachs but i mean for the money it'll cost you, you'll prolly be fine with the eibachs

Rayth, how much did you car drop after the springs settled?
    WORKS is supposed to be 1.18 I beleive did it end up being more than that???

I have winter to deal with so I don't want my car to become a snow plow in the winter.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo62 View Post
    Rayth, how much did you car drop after the springs settled?
    WORKS is supposed to be 1.18 I beleive did it end up being more than that???

I have winter to deal with so I don't want my car to become a snow plow in the winter.LOL
    haha funny you should ask that... i havent actually put them on the car yet...had them for like a month and havent gotten around to installing them lol buuuuut tomorrow i'll be doing them hopefully and i will let you know

haha funny you should ask that... i havent actually put them on the car yet...had them for like a month and havent gotten around to installing them lol buuuuut tomorrow i'll be doing them hopefully and i will let you know
    Are you lowering on stock struts or aftermarket?
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    Are you lowering on stock struts or aftermarket?
    gonna keep it all stock there isnt really anything out there for aftermarket for the ralliart.. KYB hasnt confirmed any fittings and theyre basically OEM anyway

correction, anything from 04-09 is interchangeable mechanically speaking. Eibachs is a good brand as well, Eibachs have a lower drop around the 2-2.5" range, Works is approx 1.5"... Some parts are interchangeable with the eclipse 4g such as suspension. If you have any questions ask away...
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 04-25-2009 at 12:51 AM
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

kyb does have gr2 struts specifically for the 9g, As rayth said, they are similar to oem performance... There is no plans for AGX struts for the 9g nor the eclipe 4g at this moment.

Kimo62
    Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    correction, anything from 04-09 is interchangeable mechanically speaking. Eibachs is a good brand as well, Eibachs have a lower drop around the 2" range, Works is approx 1.5"... Some parts are interchangeable with the eclipse 4g such as suspension. If you have any questions ask away...
    I haven't been able to anything in Canada with decent pricing so.....I've gone to ebay to search.

Right now I'm leaning towards the sprint springs which is right arouond what I was looking for in terms of drop and price.

1.8 in drop and $180. Unless you guys with more knowledge can talk me into something better in the same price range then I'm pretty sure I'll be going with these.

I was considering megan springs but I couldn"t find the part code the guy was selling when I double checked on the megan site.....so I backed off.
    Last edited by Kimo62; 04-25-2009 at 12:59 AM

Do Not Buy Sprint Springs,.... Find a way to purchase some Works, If not get some Eibachs...u'll be happy with either of those springs...save your money and spend the extra 50 bucks at least. There are millions of complaints with Sprints, soo i wouldnt bother...just take your time and browse around... Look for 4g eclipse 2006+ Eibach springs on the internet. those will work. Works is the Only company that has R&D for the 9g suspension. Thats why many choose Works

yo krazie i thought i remembered reading on club4g or somewhere that the KYB's werent confirmed to fit the eclipse and ralliart galant.. the vendors list them specifically for the non-ralliart galants.. any idea why that would be? i always assumed that the Ralliart had the same mcpherson set up etc etc of the other trim levels?

Kimo62
    Do Not Buy Sprint Springs,.... Find a way to purchase some Works, If not get some Eibachs...u'll be happy with either of those springs...save your money and spend the extra 50 bucks at least. There are millions of complaints with Sprints, soo i wouldnt bother...just take your time and browse around... Look for 4g eclipse 2006+ Eibach springs on the internet. those will work. Works is the Only company that has R&D for the 9g suspension. Thats why many choose Works
    And the search continues.:D

They have struts for a general 4cylinder galant complete with front and rear and a v6 is front stut only... Reason being is the only difference is the front is heavier due to the v6. rear would be the same. These are specifically for the Galant models, not eclipse. However, the RA does have the same struts, but are a tad on the stiffer side due to being a RA. Kyb still hasnt came out with struts specifically for RA models as of yet. But who knows, try sending an email maybe its comming...

edit: didnt know he had a RA, my mistake

yeah i'm gonna see how everything holds up once my car is dropped...which didnt happen today unfortunately... kid forgot the spring compressor:smt021

nice, post up pics when u get it done!

Kimo62
    nice, post up pics when u get it done!
    Yeah Rayth.....please post pics.

Here's another question for you Rayth and krazienluv10.....
    What camber kits are you guys running???
    I'm thinking of the progress front camber kit for the 4G eclipse....will it fit???

and.....I know you both reccommend the works and the Eibachs but, do you have an opinion on progress technology springs???

Thanks for helping out a noob.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo62 View Post
    Yeah Rayth.....please post pics.

Here's another question for you Rayth and krazienluv10.....
    What camber kits are you guys running???
    I'm thinking of the progress front camber kit for the 4G eclipse....will it fit???

Ryan
    i've done a bit of research and it seems like camber is either hit or miss.. i was gonna get the ingals kit but i've decided to get the springs on first and get an alignment to figure out if i need to adjust the camber.. theres a chance i wont so i'm gonna wait..

and sorry no i dont know about those other springs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast