The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does keyless entry also have an alarm?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Does keyless entry also have an alarm?

Ok, I will start first and let you guys know I have check other threads and found nothing.
    Can the 01 stock keyless entry be programed as an alarm also?
    Years ago when the local dealer was still open near my house I spoke to the guy about this subject. And if i remember correctly he said that the stock Alarm system is the same system as the stock keyless entry, but it has to be program or reset to work as a keyless entry and alarm together.

Does anyone know about that? If it is correct and the two are the same. How do you set the keyless entry to work as the alarm also?

i think it needs a shock sensor for the alarm plus other stuff
    Last edited by littlerick; 04-21-2009 at 08:48 PM

cars with the keyless entry only are missing various parts that the car with the alarm have. it isn't as simple as reprogramming a new remote.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I know reprogramming the remote wont do it. But can it be program through the cars computer or even the "brain" or the keyless entry?

i dont believe so like pinoyesv said you are still missing various parts to make it an alarm system

Ok
    Only reason I origanally brought this up is I thought the keyless entry on the Galants might be the same as the 3000 GT alarm system. The 3000GT can be turned off and on as the owner desires.

I have the panic button on mine
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005

Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG View Post
    Ok
    Only reason I origanally brought this up is I thought the keyless entry on the Galants might be the same as the 3000 GT alarm system. The 3000GT can be turned off and on as the owner desires.
    its not.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.