The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: compatibility of British 8G spares with USDM 8G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

compatibility of British 8G spares with USDM 8G

hi to all!
    i found on advert a british 8g for parting out. i called the guy and he told me that none of the spares, even the interior door handles (which i actually wanted to buy), fit the USDM 8G. is it so or the guy is wrong?thanks

anything from the body should fit the USDM car with little to no modification at all.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

everything apart from the
    bonnet
    doors
    bootlid
    bumpers front and rear
    lights
    grill
    windows
    will fit, not sure about wing mirrors, we have folding mirrors where as the usdm look mostly fixed

Interiors are completely different
    Interior

I also believe that most of the suspension etc is different, as the only shared usdm engine iirc is the 4G64 2.4 V6?? Even then they are vastly different, as we have the GDI range, which means no performance modding, so the only engine/suspension component that could be shared would be from that model

however if it has the 2.5V6 24valve engine, I highly reccomend it, excellent engines and make a noise like a mini caged Ferrari, and for 170bhp they go like stink

what about such a small thing like interior door handles?

Engines are different too, weve got the 6g72 v6 3.0

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

We do share one engine, but they are different

Door handles probably wont fit, look at them in the picture and see how different they are to the USDM cars ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    anything from the body should fit the USDM car with little to no modification at all.
    the fenders won't work unless you make new mounting holes, and get some sideskirts or something

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleg View Post
    Door handles probably wont fit, look at them in the picture and see how different they are to the USDM cars ;)
    how different are they?? i mean the only difference i really noticed was color. i have a hybrid set, in which i took the lock piece from a usdm galant and replace the one from the door handle from the UK since the black lock piece clashed with my interior. but yea, other than color i didn't see any difference.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleg View Post
    We do share one engine, but they are different

to me the shape of the door handles is the same, as pinoy said, only the color differs.
    where are the guys from UK, that visit this forum?

yup. thats my interior . without the leather :(

Quote Originally Posted by starh4x View Post
    yup. thats my interior . without the leather :(
    so whatcha saying, will the door handles from British 8G fit my USDM 8G?
    and is British 8G the same as JDM 8G?

show me closeup picture of usdm 8g handle

the interior door handles fit... many members here have done it. the folding mirrors fit... many members here have done it (gotta get LHD glass tho).

show me closeup picture of usdm 8g handle
    will do ASAP. but r u sure that in New Zealand u have the same modification of Galant as in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    the interior door handles fit... many members here have done it. the folding mirrors fit... many members here have done it (gotta get LHD glass tho).
    i know that many people have done, it but i guess they have done it with handes and mirrors from JDM.i have no questions about JDM fitting USDM, my trouble is with British (which, in my opinion should be the same modification)

Quote Originally Posted by dimushor View Post
    will do ASAP. but r u sure that in New Zealand u have the same modification of Galant as in UK?

i know that many people have done, it but i guess they have done it with handes and mirrors from JDM.i have no questions about JDM fitting USDM, my trouble is with British (which, in my opinion should be the same modification)
    when it comes to the 8G they were made in 2 places, JAPAN and the US. north america got the ones form the factory at normal, illinois; everyone else got the ones made in japan. so your suspicions are correct: JDM and world spec are pretty much the SAME. the only really different 8G is the USDM variant.

yeah. Euro galants should be same as Japansese for the mostpart.

yeah. Euro galants should be same as Japansese for the mostpart.
    so, would u also be able to take close-up pics of ur handles and i'll take pics of my handles, so we could check?

Last edited by starh4x; 04-23-2009 at 03:47 AM

here is my handle. so, we have to find any differences

the handles are pretty much the same. just a color variance. the trim that goes around the handle however is different.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yep My Handles are actualy shiny chrome color. and that trim around handle is definitley different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast