The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hi TGC from Puerto Rico

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Hi TGC from Puerto Rico

Hi guys I am from Puerto Ric home of some of the craziest 4 banger most are hondas thought:smt105. I am a proud owner of a galant Es 2001 4g64 engine bought it for 2,200$ and mechanically speaking its in mint condition but the exterior needs some work but that i will do later in time. First i am planning on making it fast about 240-260whp will do

My plans for my galant is to break the 250whp mark as i have read the club3g forums dsmtuner forums and TGC forums i have learned that my galant has potential and the best way to get it out is via FI and I hope you guys help me to walk in the right direction. And there are no heavily performance tuned galants down here and i need my shit to be well made so i can represent the galant community down here in Puerto Rico

soo here is what i have on the car at the moment

2.5" from cat to muffler
    CAI
    and thats it :smt105

Here is what i have in my garage
    16g garret turbocharger from eclipse Gs-T 2g(35$ bought it with a bent compressor blade not bad though it didn't scratch the turbo, I am Taking to a Shop tomorrow to get it fixed )
    2G Stock exhaust turbo manifold (its meh for performance but its in very good condition) and 2G Wastegate(40$)
    Oil lines for the turbo(came with turbo)
    2G stock intercooler(20$)
    Universal Blow off valve(from ebay not sure about this one what do you guys suggest?? for a 260whp build)(40$)
    440cc WRX Injectors unmodded (should i mod them?!?! and are they exact bolt-on i've heard that i need 1/8 spacers feel free to correct me)(75$)
    255LPH walboro Fuel Pump(99$)
    NGK spark plugs for the 2g eclipse(came with turbo :p) will post serial number tomorrow dunno where they are

Stuff that i still need
    Fuel pressure Regulator(What do you guys suggest)
    Fuel Rail(Again any suggestion) I have heard the evo FPR+evo Fuel Rail fits in our cars but do we have clearance issues with CC?? and will it fit the WRX injectors won't be a match for the evo fuel rail???
    Evo Oil Pan I have read its a direct bolt-on( Confirmation on this would be great)

Doubts below!!!!

Also can our A/T handle 260whp?? my friend and DSM tuner tells these transmition are very weak should i get a manual swap asap or can it wait or can our transmission hold if i don't abuse it?? is 250WHP too much for a stock motor?? Is it possible to reach 250WHP with the 16g??? i know its dependant on the tune i just want to know if its possible. Is it possible to use EcuFlash, instead of using a piggyback or standalone???(a friend of mine who is an expert on the J-bodies [Cavalier,Sunfire] told me that i didn't need to buy a piggyback)

After i finish with the power i will do the following
    Repaint the exterior by a shop
    Get quality coilovers(Suggestion would be great)
    17inch Rims(Friends has lancer GTS rims wondering if those would fit our car clearance on this would be great )
    also thinking on getting JDM folding mirrors, headlights and taillights and vr4grill
    GTZ spoiler

soo what do you guys think did i went too cheap on the turbo built I felt I spent too little but then again i got the turbo cheap as hell :p IMO, opinions are welcome and suggestions are even more welcome :p

Sorry for the wall of text :smt105
    And Mispells im not a english teacher :p
    Edit: Our Car market is US market just to clear things up
    Last edited by Demolitionman; 04-22-2009 at 10:23 PM

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    saludos de q parte

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Welcome

Welcome!

Welcome!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    saludos de q parte
    Yo soy de Carolina :p

Edit: Thanks all for all the welcomes!!
    Last edited by Demolitionman; 04-23-2009 at 08:10 AM

Welcome to TGC.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    That was a long intro.
    Welcome to TGC!

dang dude, awesome start already, if you go to the performance section under 8g and search turbo at the top all your anwsers will come up! Good luck

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

welcome to TGC
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    x2! post some pics

Yes, welcome and post some pics up of your car.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

welcome, we dont know the answers to all those fancy questions. might wanna try another forum...

jk
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Again thanks all for the warm welcome :smt026

Here are some pics that you guys wanted will post more later on the stuff i have @ my house

These photos want me to hold on the turbo project to buy some rims and repaint the exterior but speed is my number 1 priority

These are cell pics... still better than nothing

Soo i din't had time to go to the turbo shop today I will go tomorrow but i went to the muffler shop today and took out some POS muffler it wasn't the stock one i think it was some turbo thrust or thrust turbo can't remember it sounded rice, so we Installed a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow now the sound is rich and way deeper than the one before it, it ALMOST sounds like a muscle car :p just not as deep but still deep I will record the sound tomorrow to see what you guys think

Edit: Fail writing
    Last edited by Demolitionman; 04-23-2009 at 11:10 PM

You should spend some extra money on a set of wheels. Would make it look 10x's better, and maybe some tint too.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    you're a man with a plan. Do your thing man. There's tons of info in here. there's no doubt you can do it if you have the time and funds.

Bienvenido a TGC.
    -Pedro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast