The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do This Sound Right?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Do This Sound Right?

Well as some of you know i blow to piston Rings I My 7g So I Got A replace motor in the mean time it was from a 94 sohc with 78,000 on it .When the guy told me he got that motor out with out removing the axles. I was like how in devil land he did that so do you guys thing he is 4 real or can it really be did.Im taking the motor out tomorrow.
    Last edited by XXL4G64; 04-24-2009 at 01:56 AM

drop the motor on the floor and lift the body, thats how.youll need to install the alocator and the crank position sensor from the 96 motor to the 94 motor, so you can fire it up
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

WOW.

and yes you can take the motor out with out removing the axles, its a pain to pull it with out removing the transmission but it can be done. just need a large pry bar.

(not to be off topic but read your post again, i think you might have some editing to do just to make it make some more sense)

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Ok now here were im dump found what is the alocator?

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

come on plzz! and i try to start but it will not turn over i think it is something in the tranny
    Last edited by XXL4G64; 04-25-2009 at 08:37 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    punctuation man, for christ's sake, it's like reading a translation from chinese to english sent through a corrupted email.

i still don't get how to remove the engine without removing the axles, unless he left the tranny in the car....which is a little odd
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    Ok now here were im dump found what is the alocator?

This is what is missing on 94-95 motors. This is the crank position sensor /14932/ and its located right next to the crank shaft sproket. On 94-95 this little device is in the distributor.

This is how an alocator looks like. it sits behind the crank shaft sproket and activates the crank position sensor.

Now, swap your 96 distributor, crank position sensor and alocator to the 94-95 motor and it should start

Edit: more pics

Last edited by mko; 04-28-2009 at 01:02 AM

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    punctuation man, for christ's sake, it's like reading a translation from chinese to english sent through a corrupted email.

i still don't get how to remove the engine without removing the axles, unless he left the tranny in the car....which is a little odd
    he can't ever type properly so i don't answer questions if they require me to have a special sypher.

and it is possible to drop everything out with the axles in. the question is why?! it's alot more work. you got to drop the whole subframe

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    This is what is missing on 94-95 motors. This is the crank position sensor /14932/ and its located right next to the crank shaft sproket. On 94-95 this little device is in the distributor.

This is how an alocator looks like. it sits behind the crank shaft sproket and activates the crank position sensor.

Now, swap your 96 distributor, crank position sensor and alocator to the 94-95 motor and it should start
    it's funny you give him all the answers yet he still doesn't get it. if he had searched he would of seen the other threads where you explained the same stuff.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

true that

Build Thread

Ok ok now i get it. but shit i cant get nuitting right now anyways when my putting back my Transmission tightening all the bolt's from the bell housing to the block it crack on the side now i cant get the TC to fit right. I Call The Transmission Shop They said the pump in the Transmission got f up so now im HIT!
    Last edited by XXL4G64; 04-28-2009 at 01:56 PM

LMAO WHAT?

I REALLY just got lost reading that.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    its very simple to do, i've done it a many of times on cars. All you gotta do is unbolt the tranny flywheel/flexplate from the tranny TC and then either lift or drop the engine. No need to remove axles

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I dont know how a bad pump will cause you not to be able to install the trans? I bet the input shaft on the trans is not aligned properly with the torque converter. Pull the trans out of the block and put it back in while twisting the trans back/forth. If the input shaft splines arent aligned with the torque converter splines, then you wont be able to push the trans on far enough to be able to bolt it to the block.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I dont know how a bad pump will cause you not to be able to install the trans? I bet the input shaft on the trans is not aligned properly with the torque converter. Pull the trans out of the block and put it back in while twisting the trans back/forth. If the input shaft splines arent aligned with the torque converter splines, then you wont be able to push the trans on far enough to be able to bolt it to the block.
    yeah it seem like the torque converter don't want to push back in there but my father friend is coming by to see was going on i hope nutting is wrong. and if nutting is wrong should it spin free

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    yeah it seem like the torque converter don't want to push back in there but my father friend is coming by to see was going on i hope nutting is wrong. and if nutting is wrong should it spin free
    i hope ur trans is good too but if not u can have mine if i do the swap soon let me know
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service