The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant owner!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 55
    ATLpromotional

New Galant owner!

Hey guys.
    I recently bought a 1999 silver Galant ES.
    I'm looking into cosmetic as well as peformance mods that won't completely kill my wallet. Any suggestions?

welcome, you can do alot of the diy mods like your grill

clear your corners. thats but-dyno proven to increase gas millage by 2 miles a lens 8)
    welcome to TGC
    Last edited by ricky_db; 04-26-2009 at 01:37 PM

Hey welcome to TGC.

First, look through the Member's Rides section to help you build an idea of what you would like to do cosmetically and what's available. Then, you can browse the tutorials section for simple performance mods like an intake and exhaust to start you off.

ATLpromotional
    Alright, thanks guys. What do you think about ebay catbacks like this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...3A1|240%3A1318

Look at the tutorial list! alot of cheap mods that you can Do yourself with little to no experience

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

i would never buy anything that i couldnt hear first on someone else's car lol
    but i think a couple of people have bought those and had them for a short period of time then went to magna flow for a less ricey sound

ATLpromotional
    My friend has an exhaust by the same seller on his 240sx, and it sounds really nice. He said it was easy as hell to install, and he took it to shops and they didn't believe how much he paid for it.
    And yeah, I might eventually go the magnaflow route, I just don't have the money atm.
    I'll post pics of my car soon...pretty funny. :P

hey whats the fuse ratings on that kenwood amp u got (im trying too figure its true power). does it have 2 25a fuses or what?

ATLpromotional
    It has 2 30a fuses, i believe.

ty

ATLpromotional
    no problem!
    i also would recommend getting a ported box...mine's sealed and it distorts way earlier than it would if it could push all that air out.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLpromotional View Post
    no problem!
    i also would recommend getting a ported box...mine's sealed and it distorts way earlier than it would if it could push all that air out.
    how many cubes is the box
    im a car audio installer so i know a lil bit about this kind of stuff i just havnt realy done too much with the new and improved kenwood stuff and from the looks of it they still have a while to go. i go for the big stats 2000 true watts or more

ATLpromotional
    Oh, yeah definitely man. I mean mine sounds decent, but I think I should've gone with the Crunch amp instead.
    And I have no idea on the cubes. All I know is that it's a q-logic.
    Here's a pic:
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...hugger/050.jpg
    (I wish the car in the background was mine...)

welcome
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

TGC Regular
    Welcome :) always nice to have another member on board !

as far as exaust goes myself, i just bought a OBX muffler, then had a local shop make me a custom 2.3/4 " exaust . Was definaty a cheaper route, and i wanted to keep my cat, just because i havent heard of it really improving much , and throws on a check engine light, i spent total, 170 $ for my custom exaust, and it sounds very very nice !

as well as cold air intakes can cheap and easy ! and noticible power gains thats for sure ;)

best thing over all i did, performance wise, was drop my car, that was the biggist change, handles likea porche and gets way more power to the ground, Im trying to find some poly urathane motor mounts to elimate more motor roll, and get more power to the ground, As i plan on doing the 5 spd swap ;) there are so much, so i agree, look around the pics, and get an idea of what you want to do, then check threw the tutorials !

ATLpromotional
    Thanks guys!
    And yeah, that one I'm looking at sounds a tad bit ricy, but not too bad. Do you think I should go CAI before I get the catback? I'm on limited funds at the moment.
    And hell yeah, I'm looking at dropping mine ~1.5", I think it'll make a big difference. How expensive would that be?

wheres those pics?!!!

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

ATLpromotional
    Haha I'll try and get some up tomorrow, I'm gonna have to get my friend to come over to take them...my camera is like 5mp.

Welcome, and enjoy the site.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast