The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant owner!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    ATLpromotional
    I need help finding good, affordable lowering springs!

Quote Originally Posted by ATLpromotional View Post
    \
    I've seen ebay catbacks for like 160 shipped, are those any good?
    If you tried searching you can find that answer. Read...
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39592

ATLpromotional
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    If you tried searching you can find that answer. Read...
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39592
    Sorry...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Everything for the galant will murder your wallet.. Welcome!

ATLpromotional
    Haha yeah. I'm thinking of just using the G as my "lightly modified" daily and getting something RWD like a 240sx for my project car. :)

hey man welcome to the site. im live in canton, that is is like 45 min north or atlanta. were are you from and i totally saw your car on craigslist a week or so ago haha i remember the pictures. and if you live around here i know a great muffler shop that will make you a full custom cat back for around $100 bucks not including the muffler but you can get them cheap and i know i really good mechanic that can fix do pretty much any work that you want done.

ATLpromotional
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlG View Post
    hey man welcome to the site. im live in canton, that is is like 45 min north or atlanta. were are you from and i totally saw your car on craigslist a week or so ago haha i remember the pictures. and if you live around here i know a great muffler shop that will make you a full custom cat back for around $100 bucks not including the muffler but you can get them cheap and i know i really good mechanic that can fix do pretty much any work that you want done.
    Haha yeah, I posted it up a few weeks ago. I live in Cobb County, if you know where Johnson Ferry and Roswell Rd. intersect...that's about two minutes from my house. And definitely let me know on the muffler shop...I'd much rather go with a shop than ebay garbage!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I need help finding good, affordable lowering springs!
    It depends on how much you want to lower it but you must search, the forum is full of info on nearly every mod you can think of. Theres many users sporting Tein S. tech that give you like 1.7 front 1.3 rear. The mildest of the drops are given by the Eibach Pro Kit, and the biggest drop by lowering springs is obtained by the Progress Springs but do some research in the forum.

4g64T 5spd

Haha yeah, I posted it up a few weeks ago. I live in Cobb County, if you know where Johnson Ferry and Roswell Rd. intersect...that's about two minutes from my house. And definitely let me know on the muffler shop...I'd much rather go with a shop than ebay garbage!
    yea i know pretty much where that is i dont get down there much but that shop is right in canton which is just right up 575 so it would be about a 45 or so min drive for you its called cherokee muffler they do really good work for cheap, if you pay with cash they wont charge you tax, they did my galant and my maxima and that were all my friends go. oh and if you need new tires i know a place thats on sandy springs road that does really good deals for tires too

ATLpromotional
    -sigh-
    selling her...

-sigh-
    selling her...
    that was quick what happened?

o1galant
    anyone out there know a easy way to clean head light?

Quote Originally Posted by o1galant View Post
    anyone out there know a easy way to clean head light?
    wrong place to ask about head lights
    ask in the "car problems" forum.

never had a problem with mine, so i have now solution to that, sorry.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

ATLpromotional
    Wow I forgot about this thread. Well here's an update!
    I was selling her to get a 240sx...after literally about 20 tire kickers in a row and "definite sales" that fell through last minute, I've decided to keep her. My plans are to lower her, put a catback on, fix the passenger window motor, figure out why my horn isn't working, maybe try and somehow wrap the armrest in something woodgrain to match the radio trim/door trims, and maybe after all of that 5spd swap. :]
    I was looking at Tein lowering springs, but some of my 240sx friends told me that if I run lowering springs, I'll blow my stock shocks up. Is this true? I really don't wanna spend $900+ on coilovers...

ATLpromotional
    Another update. I measured the gap between my tires and fender and I have a 3.5" gap in the front and a 2" gap in the rear. I'm thinking about getting the Tein S-Tech 1.7" front and 1.3" rear lowering springs. If I plan on getting an eBay cat, do you think I should get the cat first to measure and make sure I have dropping room or should I not have any problem?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123