The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVR4 Build (56K Beware)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 182
    How did I miss this build lol. Love it. Cant wait to see it running.

only beef is the purple engine mount and oil cap. Sheer boredom am I right?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

How did i miss that project
    Great build :D

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    The best part is that your insurance won't know the difference either...just add some extra "accesories" coverage and you are golden. When my buddy built up his Neon and boosted it his insurance didn't have a clue, and so he just added the additional coverage so he is good to go if something happened...boosted cars with insurance = bent over the counter lol
    Cant do that If i get into a collision and they do an inspection I will get counter sued and go to prison for 15+ years + fines

Cutting a car in half is against federal Law.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    How did I miss this build lol. Love it. Cant wait to see it running.

only beef is the purple engine mount and oil cap. Sheer boredom am I right?

Its gunmetal the same as the Valve cover and strut tower bar now

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMFTW View Post
    Cant do that If i get into a collision and they do an inspection I will get counter sued and go to prison for 15+ years + fines
    So they won't be "totally clueless" really...

Actually they cant come back on you for any of it. Because the VIN is what they use for appraising the vehicle for resale/damages, they also use that for insuring the vehicle, as well as state DMV registration. They will ask what the dollar amount is for the needed extra parts coverage, but beyond that they cannot "redo" your rates as a turbo vehicle because the vehicle is still registered to the state DMV as it was when it came off the production line and has to be insured as such as the per the specific state's requirements of insurance coverage (liability and so on). All you have to do is specifiy the parts, and the cost and they basically insure them...no change on the actual rate of the vehicle from N/a to forced induction, only change in the rate is from the dollar amount of added coverage.

The only reason you would be counter sued would be for fraud on the insurance claim, but as long as the items are on the policy and covered by your monthly premiums they can't do a damn thing. Its essentially the same type of coverage for a stereo system inside your vehicle if it were stolen, your insurance covers it if you have that listed on the polic, you pay your deductable and they reimburse you the remaining amount.

I should also note that I did the same thing with a Grand Prix that was totalled a few years back. The engine was completely swapped out for a newer one that was supercharged. Added the coverage on my policy and when they came out to do the estimate they basically paid off my loan, and had money from the coverage to actually go out and buy an Eclipse with cash in had for around $3500.

Also just settled a claim within the last few months on my Harley accident and the added coverage I had covered all of the aftermarket work done to the bike.
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 09-18-2009 at 06:23 PM

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Im in no position to afford extra insurance, been unemployed for over a year, and insurance is already 209 a month for PLPD.

I understand ya tho thanks

You should look to Hagerty Insurance. They will insure your car (whatever it maybe) for whatever amount you'd like. They are based in Grand Rapids no less, and insure the vast majority of classic and kit cars in the Midwest, and that are sold at auctions like Barrett Jackson.

Experienced TGC Member
    Im in no position to afford extra insurance, been unemployed for over a year, and insurance is already 209 a month for PLPD.

I understand ya tho thanks
    I totally get you man...Im battling with insurance companies now myself even. My accident last year went on my record and has caused my rates to jump substantially and it wasn't even my fault, nor was I cited...

Just be sure when you can, financially, protect the time and money you have invested into the project.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    You should look to Hagerty Insurance. They will insure your car (whatever it maybe) for whatever amount you'd like. They are based in Grand Rapids no less, and insure the vast majority of classic and kit cars in the Midwest, and that are sold at auctions like Barrett Jackson.

Thanks ill look into that.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice, wish I had the money to do this swap into my 8G. :(
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

holy sleeper! cant wait to see this thing moving!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Nice, wish I had the money to do this swap into my 8G. :(

Not as expensive as you think ;D

Not as expensive as you think ;D
    How much if you dont mind me asking? Also you're saving alot on labor by doing things yourself. I dont have the extensive skill & knowledge, nor the time or facilities for this kind of work. But if I did, boy would I have done it by now! :D
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Love everything about this project! great Job! I really want a 6A13TT motor in my car, but wiring is what I would not be looking forward too.
    02 Diamante VRX 5spd swapped
    90 Galant GSX 5spd EvoSpec 4G63 swapped
    01 Sebring GT Coupe (6G75 Powered)(sold)

Just saw your first drive vid. Mad props on getting it running, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of steering wheel is that?
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    Just saw your first drive vid. Mad props on getting it running, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of steering wheel is that?

Haven't been on in awhile don't know on the wheel part ill be selling it soon if you want it lol.

Haven't really done much to the car since that vid just go over some things and finished the exhaust.

Haven't been on in awhile don't know on the wheel part ill be selling it soon if you want it lol.

Haven't really done much to the car since that vid just go over some things and finished the exhaust.
    Finish this!!! This thread is teasing me soo much!

ThAts RiDicUloUs!!!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

This build is insane and watching your drive video and some of the build shots is making me fucking laugh, dude. I love it, can't wait to see it finished.

it will be on the road in less then a week and a half

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast