The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A Possible option for seats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

A Possible option for seats

So i had the rear seats of my buddy's Evo 8 out, and they look they will bolt up to our 7g's perfectly. He was being kind of a baby so he wouldn't let me test fit them into my car, but i will very soon. probably this week. The front Recaro's will definitly need a rail change, but if the rears fit, then the entire seating from an Evo will be another "Manufacturer" option for our cars. This will also go for the MR Special Edition seating black leather with black suede and red stitching.

mmmm the possibilities...

the Evo 8 seats front and rear would look tight in our cars for sure. Keep posted on how it turns out.

ya it would be sick if the fit!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Keep us updated. That would be wonderful for you 7G'ers
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

I should try that out but iam too lazy lol... maybe if its not to hot outside tommorow Ill swap em out and see whats up...

in any event nice find blue...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

TGC Regular
    Hmmmm..... If this works I shall be very pleased
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

went to the JY roday. didn't find anything really good, but i did get to play around with an 8g and a 7g to see if some parts would fit. The 8g rear seats will fit into a 7g. i got as far as taking the back part out of an 8g and putting it into a 7g and it fit. The sides of the seat and where the back hooks in of the 8g lined up with the hook and the bolt for the 7g. The 8g also has two more bolt hoops that the 7g doesn't have, but the fit was perfect.

I also took an 8g hood off and tried to put it on a 7g. The bolt holes for the hood and the hinge did not line up. also the 8g hood is about an inch wider and overlaps the fenders.

if the 8g rear seats fit the 7g, then the evo seats wont

well its a tight fit, they seem a little big, but they will bolt in. and the head rests sit a little high. i think the evo will sit better. Phizz get off your but and see if this works!

lol, I just came from outside in the hot ass sun but only took out the bottom portion of the seat.

It fit but was a bit wide... the two brackets in the front line up but the 7g has a hump in the middle which my evo 9 seats don't. Although since its all foam Iam sure some can be taken out to make it fit better.

I didn't slide it all the way in because I didn't unbolt the top portion of the 7g back seat...but I feel like it will work...

I ve been concentrating on getting my rims changed out and haven't had time to mess with this but I will get back to it after I swap out my wheels...

how much does a set of rear evo8/9 seats go for anyways?
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

well my main reason for wondering this is, if the rars will fit, then we can change our entier front seats and back seats to the evo interior. I was originally thinking the front seats might need some modification to the rails, but after looking at them, they may be plug and play as well.

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    lol, I just came from outside in the hot ass sun but only took out the bottom portion of the seat.

It fit but was a bit wide... the two brackets in the front line up but the 7g has a hump in the middle which my evo 9 seats don't. Although since its all foam Iam sure some can be taken out to make it fit better.

I didn't slide it all the way in because I didn't unbolt the top portion of the 7g back seat...but I feel like it will work...

I ve been concentrating on getting my rims changed out and haven't had time to mess with this but I will get back to it after I swap out my wheels...

how much does a set of rear evo8/9 seats go for anyways?
    try the fronts. if you can.

it's so cool to have both cars and be able to try this. i noly get chances at the yard and we never get evos

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Evo Recaro's will not bolt up the the 7g stock bolt points. Modifying the stock Evo mounting brackets will require alot of modification to fit.

The actual Evo Recaro has much shorter base than the stock 7g seat and the Evo Recaro mounting brackets stick out way too far especially for the rear mounting brackets.

You can the 2g Wedge mounting kit for Evo Recaro's may work for the 7g's but can't be verified. The only other option is the custom make a bracket for the Evo Recaros for the 7g. You will have to use high grade and 3/4 think steel bars for a secure bracket to support the seat and driver weight.

Last edited by 4-G-rim; 05-06-2009 at 09:47 PM

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Actualy its much easier than making new brackets. All you have to do is diasemble the rails from Recaro seats and left only the metal piece, that hodls the seat to rails.

Then the same way diasemble the rails for G - bottom part which allows you to move with seat and hold seat to car.. Then you make just few bigger holes to make it working together....
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

Fck HTC Diamond, Ive lost my instalation fotos.... I will take the seat one more time out and make pictures for you to see, how it can be done..
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

www.mitsubishiklub.cz

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    ^^^this is what was done to fit the front recaros in my 8g

And that's what i was talking about when i say "modify" the front seat to fit our cars.

so if I have a pair of 7G seats and a pair of Recaro seats I don't need any extra material (bracing, brackets, steel plate, etc) to mount it to one?

No, nothing... Ive also used original bolts...:-)
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast