The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Calipers for 8g's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Brake Calipers for 8g's

Hey,

I need to know what kind of calipers I can use for my stock 8g? I bought Powerslots the other day and wanted to know what kind of pads i should use...

but another thing is my left front caliper is not squeezing the pads right... so I was planning on changing it to something else....

any suggestions for what kind of calipers i can use?

thanks!

Experienced TGC Member
    If you really want to make the time and money worth while...do the Brembo swap. It would run you about $900-$1000 depending on how much you pick up the calipers for, but it can be done and be a much better investment.

My right rear caliper has been needing to be replaced since I bought the ca. Guess the brake system just blleds through the caliper. Instead of just dumping the $100+ for the replacement and everything I chose to just swap over to the Brembo setup. Heh...already have about $1200 into the car just under the hood for replacement goodies and I haven't even driven the ca yet lol

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    If you really want to make the time and money worth while...do the Brembo swap. It would run you about $900-$1000 depending on how much you pick up the calipers for, but it can be done and be a much better investment.

My right rear caliper has been needing to be replaced since I bought the ca. Guess the brake system just blleds through the caliper. Instead of just dumping the $100+ for the replacement and everything I chose to just swap over to the Brembo setup. Heh...already have about $1200 into the car just under the hood for replacement goodies and I haven't even driven the ca yet lol
    I was thinking about that... I wonder if one of those stock evo 8 brembo's work on the 8g? or evo 5,6,7?

yes bro, the evo calipers work front and rear, it's a bolt on mod, take off your stock rotors and calipers, put on the evo rotor, and then bolt the evo caliper onto the st ock mounting points. That's the front, in the rear you need the v6 backing plates if you don't have those already, then it too, is a bolt on affair.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    yes bro, the evo calipers work front and rear, it's a bolt on mod, take off your stock rotors and calipers, put on the evo rotor, and then bolt the evo caliper onto the st ock mounting points. That's the front, in the rear you need the v6 backing plates if you don't have those already, then it too, is a bolt on affair.
    Ah ok.. I get it...

but for the rear I would have to do the disc conversion.. since I have those useless drums..

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I believe (and could be wrong) but the 3G eclipse has 2 piston calipers in the front. It might be only the first year of the 3G though. I hope someone else chimes in and helps.

Banned
    KaziKai, if i wereyou, since it seams like you're gonna have to spend some money already; i would just go on ebay and bid/buy some used evo 8 calipers. they can be found for fairly cheap these days. You should also consider selling those powerslots you bout the other day, imo.

now, if you dont wanna go that far...then depending on whats wrong with your fromt caliper, just go to a JY and replace the whole caliper with a decent one from the JY. and honestly it dosen't even really matter what kind of pads you get. they're all gonna do the same shit if you are doing regular street driving.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    KaziKai, if i wereyou, since it seams like you're gonna have to spend some money already; i would just go on ebay and bid/buy some used evo 8 calipers. they can be found for fairly cheap these days. You should also consider selling those powerslots you bout the other day, imo.
    That is what I have been doing. Just watching some auctions for now still, most are right around $500+ for a set, which isn't bad really.

www.blackheartmotors.net

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BREMB...3A1|240%3A1318

brembo calipers and they are cheap right now, off an evo 8

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    That is what I have been doing. Just watching some auctions for now still, most are right around $500+ for a set, which isn't bad really.
    yeah, keep looking.

i got lucky enough a while back and got mine for $350.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BREMB...3A1|240%3A1318

brembo calipers and they are cheap right now, off an evo 8
    dont expect that price to stay like that though. it will go up with bids 4 sure.

you can bet that there are a bunch of folks hawking those calipers. they are just waiting for the end date to get closer put their max bid in. lol
    Last edited by platano; 04-28-2009 at 01:32 PM

oh yeah it will jump up there fast.

just a question so the rotor has to be a EVO rotor as well?

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    dont expect that price to stay like that though. it will go up with bids 4 sure.

you can bet that there are a bunch of folks hawking those calipers. they are just waiting for the end date to get closer put their max bid in. lol
    Your best bet is to not even mess with the bid auctions. Do the "Buy It Now" ones and you will be better off. The last 3 auctions I watched on ebay for bids went above $700...and then shipping on top of that price.

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    just a question so the rotor has to be a EVO rotor as well?
    Yea you have to use the Evo rotors as well for this swap.

www.blackheartmotors.net

yeah, evo rotors and pads too, I got my rotors, pads, and calipers for 400 locally, but thats a smoking deal, and then I bought some SS lines as well.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

it doesnt have to be the OEM EVO rotors right, i mean i can get the drilled/slotted rotors for a EVO, right?

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    it doesnt have to be the OEM EVO rotors right, i mean i can get the drilled/slotted rotors for a EVO, right?
    Yea, you can get any rotor/pad combo you want, just has to be for the EVO

www.blackheartmotors.net

stupid question but will the EVO rotor be bigger then the 8g rotor? or the same size?

bigger. much bigger

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

sweet, yeah i was gonna do the R1 rotors all around but seeing how small they are whats the point, but thanks after i get the car running again im going do the swap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast