The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **official aggressive wheel thread**

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Showing results 261 to 280 of 410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    The 16x8-10 would "fit" with a big stretch and camber, and be sexy as hell, i put fit in quotations because it all depends what you consider fitting, to me i want it to be flush or have some poke, so it would have worked with the fenders rolled and pulled which is no foreign thing to me,but the 16x7+13 didn't clear the front calipers.

Also has anyone ever taken the rear lip and pulled it out and smoothed it out as a flare instead of rolling it into the fender? I know some of my S chassis friends do it dunno if it's been done here yet.
    I sort of tried that in the rear and it didn't go too well, so I just cut the inner lip and called it good, if you can pull it off more power to ya.

Predator- those should fit super easy no problem, I'm running a wheel that's the same width with a 10mm lower offset, you should have no problems with your galant due to all the custom body work you have done.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

blue8g
    <3 the haters

"hellaflush", no
    Fanboi, no

I did drift for a long period of time and am picking up another car to do so, and have been doing so and following it locally for 6+ years, before any of the F&F junk about it.

I like the look of a car with the wheels and tires up as close to filling the fender as possible.

I feel this...

Looks much better than this...

And I love when people look at my car and have to ask how that even fits, Ive had "hellaflush" wheels for the past 3 years before everyone and thier mother had them, not on stretched tires either, on 275s, so im not new to any of this and im not doing it to get onto some stupid website, im doing it because I think it looks good, because in the end, its your car, you should do what you want to do, not what other people want for it.
    you mad.

and 16x8 -10 won't look like either of those examples

It'll look like this:

Just the fitment. This VW is dope other than that

Not mad, I could care less what you say because Im doing what I want no matter what anyone says, I was just asking if anyones had anything like that before to get ideas for tire sizes. Also, I think that VW has too much poke, and the galant with the wheel sizing previoiusly stated did not poke that much, I test fit the wheels and saw where I would be at, untill you physically put them on your car and lower it off the jack and calculate it in your head than you can come talk to me about it, all this number calculating without looking at anything is just a general idea. I was also considering a ZG flare setup, which im sure you would hate on that too.

If youd like I will ask the guy politely to put test fit them again just to prove a point to you, untill than, im still on the lookout for wheels that "wont fit" my Galant

Stays Flossin'

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I sort of tried that in the rear and it didn't go too well, so I just cut the inner lip and called it good, if you can pull it off more power to ya.
    Thanks, I have done hundreds of fender rolls/pulls/flares, but never pulling the inner lip outwards than rolling, I assume it wouldnt be difficult, what did you use to pull it out? Vise-grips with a towel or something?

Stays Flossin'

blue8g
    Not mad, I could care less what you say because Im doing what I want no matter what anyone says, I was just asking if anyones had anything like that before to get ideas for tire sizes. Also, I think that VW has too much poke, and the galant with the wheel sizing previoiusly stated did not poke that much, I test fit the wheels and saw where I would be at, untill you physically put them on your car and lower it off the jack and calculate it in your head than you can come talk to me about it, all this number calculating without looking at anything is just a general idea. I was also considering a ZG flare setup, which im sure you would hate on that too.

If youd like I will ask the guy politely to put test fit them again just to prove a point to you, untill than, im still on the lookout for wheels that "wont fit" my Galant
    Not going to waste time. I'll let your car suck.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Not going to waste time. I'll let your car suck.

Nah dont worry it already does, thanks!

I love pissing you guys off
    you make it too easy

Stays Flossin'

(before new fender and after boredom)

Hey man check it out my new wheels so I can be hellaflush!
    18x9+/-0 offset! fit perfectly I can totally fit them and be in a magazine/on the internet!

Stays Flossin'

(before new fender and after boredom)

Hey man check it out my new wheels so I can be hellaflush!
    18x9+/-0 offset! fit perfectly I can totally fit them and be in a magazine/on the internet!
    ??????????????

blue8g
    Nah dont worry it already does, thanks!

I love pissing you guys off
    you make it too easy
    lol @ you thinking I'm pissed. I just didn't feel like typing a legit response. Why bother with an idiot like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM

Would you please explain to me what having flush wheels has to do with effecting the performance?

My 240 was "hellaflush" and drifted just fine, competed in a few autox's, had proper suspension with all the arms AND got mad bitches.

Functional LS1 drift car...

Functional Competition drift car...(the poke, I admit, is ridiculous, but just showing its still 100%functional)

HOLY SHIT WORLDS GONNA IMPLODE CARs DRIFTING WITH GOOD FITMENT!

My galant was solely a daily driver, I threw some HID's in it, did little dumb stuff like black housed headlights, and I hated driving it, no fun. I picked up a set of coilovers for it for CHEAP, and im slowly starting to enjoy the car more and more, My 240 was sold, im picking up a Miata shortly for autocross/drift use, I do things right, atleast in my eyes, and to me the "fitment" looks good, so thats what im going towards, I want to have a nice daily driver that turns heads, and thats whats happening.
    Last edited by Kouki; 01-06-2011 at 01:42 AM

Stays Flossin'

i did all my calculating b4 i even bought the wheels. i did all my calculations off a set of 18x7.5 +45 racing harts. i even calculated rickys wheels for him too.

and i dont claim this to be dope at all. galant lines r great, but to truly pull the car off it needs a rear flare and radius.

this is my daily. no sacers, its all math

ur 8s will be fine. but it will look kind of dumb like my galant, too narrow to be cambered that much. 8s r great straight up. but cambered it looks funny. ud need to rock this same camber
    Last edited by VIPtint; 01-06-2011 at 03:06 AM

oh and dont forget about how much youre gonna have to drop the car to sit it flush. look at this pic.

i basically had to drop it almost 3" to get it to this

to get that fit with 16s ur gonna have to go down another full inch. and where my car sits, it aint the greatest of ride. i hope youre gonna be able to find some custom spring rates.

i would luv to see it done though. i just think its gonna be a lot of work man

Thanks man! I'd love to do it if I had the money for new tires, spacers, and extended studs I'd do it, and the way the car is now my rear coils are maxed out but I can't go lower in the front due to my steelies having 70 series sidewalls so I cut my fender liners and wire tucked. So I'm ready to go much lower, and have no problem doing so.

As for springs between my friends there's a few sets of different rate coilover springs from our schassis, I could always scoop up a set for cheapski

Btw I loveee your daily, sexy, any more pics of that?
    Last edited by Kouki; 01-06-2011 at 06:03 AM

Stays Flossin'

thanks

in order to go low in the front u need full coilovers or shortened bodied struts. i have mine dropped 3" and the struts bottom out very easily

msnweather

Hello everyone

Hi, I am new.This is my frist thread ...lol.
    say hi to everybody.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    My 240 was "hellaflush" and drifted just fine, competed in a few autox's, had proper suspension with all the arms AND got mad bitches.
    pics of said bitches =]

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

blue8g
    blah blah blah
    You think I don't know drifters run aggressive fitments? lol

However they don't do it for performance reasons. They do it because it looks cool which is what drifting is all about

^note me in passenger seat

order placed
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    thanks

in order to go low in the front u need full coilovers or shortened bodied struts. i have mine dropped 3" and the struts bottom out very easily
    On full coils:)

Some drifters stretch tires in order to spin them easier because it's much easier to break loose a smaller tire with a stretched sidewall that won't flex, and also much cheaper to afford/easier to find behind dealerships or tire shops for free.
    And depending on the car some people do fitment without stretch to fit the maximum rubber under a car, ex: my 240 had 275s out back, no stretch, and sat flush to the fender after rolling a bit.

As for pics of the bitches I'll see if I can grab some of teh bitchez when I'm not posting from my iPhone.

Stays Flossin'

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    order placed
    Man O Man I can't wait.:)

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast