The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **official aggressive wheel thread**

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 410
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneb View Post
    Here you go. ;-)

That must be the most shiny car i've ever seen!! Eat your dinner off it!!

My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    clean!! more pics

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by d0pp1r View Post
    sorry boys. thought they'd work, here ya go:

are those the advan rs? sick man sick!!! i wonder what the offset is on these for that concave look... does the vr-4 legnum fit different offsets than the usdm galant?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    are those the advan rs? sick man sick!!! i wonder what the offset is on these for that concave look... does the vr-4 legnum fit different offsets than the usdm galant?
    they are dope, if all goes as planned you will see nearly the same wheel (knockoff) Rota G-Force 18x9 +30 offset of my galant in the near future. I wanted to run the 18x9.5 but there is no way its fitting without a huge amount of neg camber and a tiny tire, and I dont want tiny tires, im gonna run either a 235 or 245
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

blue8g
    those'll be sexy......if i ever sell the g-games that's the offset and size i want.....although the wheels i want will remain secret until i have em

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    they are dope, if all goes as planned you will see nearly the same wheel (knockoff) Rota G-Force 18x9 +30 offset of my galant in the near future. I wanted to run the 18x9.5 but there is no way its fitting without a huge amount of neg camber and a tiny tire, and I dont want tiny tires, im gonna run either a 235 or 245
    How much crap are you going to have to cut out/adjust, to fit that size of offset, with that wide of a tire lol sounds like alot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    How much crap are you going to have to cut out/adjust, to fit that size of offset, with that wide of a tire lol sounds like alot of work...
    im already using 18x8 +35 offset with 235's. I dont plan on the car being slammed to the ground. I also have JDM fender flares and the rear inner quarter panels are cut out/folded up and in. Right now in the rear I dont have much negative camber and I have about 1/2" of clearance between the tire and the quarter panel, so with the wider wheel im going to need about 18mm of space which is a little less than 3/4" so I can throw another degree or two of negative camber and I should be good.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

anyone here have 18x8.5 wheels with about 37mm offset?

im wondering what you had to do if you went with 235-245 tires.

roll the fenders? adjust the camber?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I used to have 20 x 8.5, offset 35mm, 245 30 but I sold them yesterday and they're on g35 now! I could not drop the car with those wheel at all.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    anyone here have 18x8.5 wheels with about 37mm offset?

im wondering what you had to do if you went with 235-245 tires.

roll the fenders? adjust the camber?
    I think it would hit the strut unless you were running coilovers. If you already have coilovers, I think you should be good. You may have to roll the rear 1/4's but thats not too hard. My car is dropped about 2.5" up front and about 2 3/4" in the back I compared specs, your wheel would stick inward another 8mm and outward another 4mm which will be fine if your running coilovers. In the back I would roll the 1/4's and maybe run a camber kit to put about 2 degrees or so negative camber. I think it will look pretty good. Dont be afraid of negative camber, as long as you have a wheel alignment done after and get the toe aligned right, you will be fine.

If you run a 245 tire you might have a little more trouble, but you wont know til you try..... The worst case would be you would have to run it a little higher up versus slamming it.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I think it would hit the strut
    how do you fix this? my suspension is like laying on my tires in the front lol.
    i have 235/35/r19 tires on 19x8.5 +45 offset

blue8g
    ^use 225??

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    how do you fix this? my suspension is like laying on my tires in the front lol.
    i have 235/35/r19 tires on 19x8.5 +45 offset
    use coilovers and if need be, run max out the negative camber on the camber plate. If you dont wanna run "real" negative camber, you can max out the camber plate negative, then buy a camber bolt kit and put a few degrees of positive camber back to offset. The negative camber from moving the strut in will give more strut clearance.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

use coilovers and if need be, run max out the negative camber on the camber plate. If you dont wanna run "real" negative camber, you can max out the camber plate negative, then buy a camber bolt kit and put a few degrees of positive camber back to offset. The negative camber from moving the strut in will give more strut clearance.
    yeah it's gonna have to be coilovers. to review, i am running 235/35zr19 on 19x8.5 +48, camber corrected, dropped close to 3" w/ TEIN SS-P coilovers. the camber plates on the coilovers are set midway and i do have ingalls camber kits at all corners. it is most likely the stock front spring perches touching the tire... they are HUGE and are replaced w/ much narrower/smaller units in a full coilovers setup allwing much more clearance to wheel/tire on the suspension side.

since i am running almost the exact same wheel/tire size (w/ 3mm more offset, bringing the tires even closer to the suspension) dropped deep, with NO rub lock ot lock, the only difference is the coilvers vs. spring/ stock size damper... that would lead me to beleive that is where the problem lies.

kool thank you, so once i lower my car the suspension wont be as wide i guess so it wont be as much. . . right?

blue8g
    what's the perfect offset for 18x7.5 235/40/18 to where someone would be flush but not rub?

i feel like either +33 or +38 would work nicely

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    what's the perfect offset for 18x7.5 235/40/18 to where someone would be flush but not rub?

i feel like either +33 or +38 would work nicely
    the +33 would be money if you run just a slight amount of negative camber out back, so if the car is lowered and not camber corrected, you will have plenty of negative camber and be fine. The +38 would sit more in, you would potentially tuck the +38's if you wanna slam the car low.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    kool thank you, so once i lower my car the suspension wont be as wide i guess so it wont be as much. . . right?
    only if you have coilovers.

The issue is the spring perch on the strut, on stock style struts, the perch is huge, the spring is huge and all that stuff takes up space. Coilovers are about 4" less wide, so it gives more clearance for wider wheels.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast