The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 02 Tailight Backup Clearing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 49
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah
    KhO. shave those emblems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Especially the dealer name emblem they stick above your Mitsubishi, I hate those, that was the first thing off my car, I wasn't paying them to let me advertise their dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah
    KhO. shave those emblems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Especially the dealer name emblem they stick above your Mitsubishi, I hate those, that was the first thing off my car, I wasn't paying them to let me advertise their dealership.
    yea i can reelax people its still cold down here, and when it was warm i keep forgetting,, i will make sure to clear them up,, cause when i join TGC that was my first Q,, how do i take them offf

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

okay....................just checkin...............I ripped the dealer one off like 1 month after I got the car.......I just pulled it off on my way into work. I sure as hell don't want to advertise I got my car from the place that got shut down for fraud. Except you guys.

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

I did this little mod today, it took me longer to remove the 6 bolts to take out the taillight then it took to remove the mesh. It was so easy, I didnt use any tools, i just used my fingers gripped on to one of the little bars going across towards the bottom and yanked it out and it came right out. Both were real easy and I was done in 15 minutes from beginning to end.
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did this little mod today, it took me longer to remove the 6 bolts to take out the taillight then it took to remove the mesh. </div>

yea matt,, i got the bolt off easy,, but the taill light i had to shack it and line it up to take it out,,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did this little mod today, it took me longer to remove the 6 bolts to take out the taillight then it took to remove the mesh. Â*It was so easy, I didnt use any tools, i just used my fingers gripped on to one of the little bars going across towards the bottom and yanked it out and it came right out. Â*Both were real easy and I was done in 15 minutes from beginning to end.</div>

Holy crap man, you must have tiny hands or really long fingers, either way i dont want to know i got mine out with needlenose plyers, check my profile, i have one pic of the rear end, but you may not be albe to tell. i like it, looks alot cleaner.

...U N D E A D...

ewgiii
    cool.... i just took out my headlights today and cleaned them, then i finally shaved the emblems and got a cheap turning bulb for the front. now my corners look clear!..... tomorrow.... TAILS :twisted: ....

ewgiii
    hey, just did the tails. Looks Good. In the last 2days, i shaved the emblems, cleaned out the headlights, gotten clear turning bulbs for the headlights, cleard the tails, and given it a nice wax job... not bad...

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have pictures of this mod before I go making what appears to be a permanent change... I've been searching, without success, and it seems all the pictures associated with this thread are down. It almost seems like a forgotten modification, unless I've been overlooking it since I joined.

'03 Galant LS V6

You brought a 7 years old topic back to life!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    Well I've got a 7 year old car that was owned by a 70 year old woman before me, lol... lots of work to do.

'03 Galant LS V6

damn who ever owned a 02 or 03 in 02 or 03 musta been ballin out the ass lol i wish i had money 2 buy a car of the year were in

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I was curious about this mod, but I thought I needed to bake the tails and separate the housing and lens. Since you revived this thread I was glad to find out that wasnt necessary.
    [It's better to revive an old thread than to start up a new one anyway]

So I tried it out, here are the pix:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Looks good IMO, harder to see difference since my tails are smoked, but I like it. It definitely lets more light shines through with the reverse light on as well when I checked it.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    JFC. Everyone bitches about people not searching and now people are going to complain about people searching?

If it annoys you that much, just move on and don't post.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    damn who ever owned a 02 or 03 in 02 or 03 musta been ballin out the ass lol i wish i had money 2 buy a car of the year were in
    Bought the car back in 01 for $25,000, financed it for $28500. If I were looking for a car now that would be in the price range of a preowned M45 or an older model EVO. If I only knew back then....

But anyways, for the tail lights I remember just using a long needle nosed pliers to remove those red stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    But anyways, for the tail lights I remember just using a long needle nosed pliers to remove those red stickers.
    Thats what I did as well, picked it out with my finger first, then finshed pulling it out w/ needle nose pliers.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You must have very thin fingers to make it pass that hole. I can't fit two fingers in that because it's too big.

(That's what she said)

LOL! No I could never fit two fingers, my index finger almost got stuck! I just picked it with one finger and my trusty fingernail :P LOL!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

yea definately looks better w/o the little red mesh and nice smoked tails ivory

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    JFC. Everyone bitches about people not searching and now people are going to complain about people searching?

If it annoys you that much, just move on and don't post.
    Thanks, all I do is search around here...

Anyway, pictures for those who are interested, since my lights aren't tinted... I used my fingers btw, for the entire process, no before shots besides my signature, sorry:

'03 Galant LS V6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast