The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Welcome to XtremeBOOST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Welcome to XtremeBOOST

A few weeks ago I officially work with my friend, the owner of XtremeBoost. I have know him for several years but lost contact since I bought my house a few years back but managed to keep in contact still. The past couple of months I had time to visit his new shop and found myself just hanging out there during the days since there is no real work at my other place of employment till I meet with clients in the evening as a financial advisor.

So for the past few weeks I have been working at the shop getting more and more personal with Evo's and other cars we work on. We have been working on his Evo X which is the shop car too was in a accident where someone hit him at a stop and push his Evo into another car. Along with getting the car repaired..we installed a new "updated" Evo X tranny and some of his new updated Evo X parts he makes.

As time goes by and we settle down, more products will be available for not just the Evo community, but others too. We make custom fabricated stuff like manifolds, piping, exhaust, etc etc. Since I am here...I am looking to possible get some Galant specific parts for us.

This thread is going to be somewhat like a Picture diary of stuff going on the shop...so enjoy the pics

These were taking with my Blackberry...these pics are when we were putting his Evo X back together. For those that are looking to own a Evo X (like me)...they are a PIA to work on, ESPECIALLY removing the Tcase and tranny.

Here is a close up of his welding skills...totally badass and yes its all by hand and with help with a baller tig welder.

Yup..this is a Maserati and it came in for brakes and to check out the transmission

These are pics the day after his Evo X was finally put together and running like a monster. Currently the 2nd fastest full weight stock evo (motor and turbo) 11.8 1/4 mile. We are planning to take back the top spot next week

Here is a little tour of the shop.

These were taking last night 4/30/2009. Some of the local fastest Evo owners came to visit and chit chat for a bit. The yellow Evo belongs to Eddie, the owner of the Procco Evo which is one of the top 5 fastest Evo's in the U.S. He just bought that Yellow one as a daily driver and just wants it to be a 400hp daily.

Last edited by 4-G-rim; 05-01-2009 at 07:33 AM

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

awesome Kevin!!!

its always good to do what you like as a career
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

So uh can you guys help me with my oil change?

nice!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

The X looks better with an aftermarket intercooler, but I dont care for the intercooler that is on that X.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    2 questions... what type of intercooler is on the evo, why are the sides of it slanted like that? also what type of rear lip is that on your car?

Kev that is sick! I am totally envious!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice shop...your boy definately can weld too

Sick garage! the intercooler is a mishimoto on the evox, funny thing is mishimoto is located in Delaware.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Oo i see one

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Sick garage! the intercooler is a mishimoto on the evox, funny thing is mishimoto is located in Delaware.
    funny always thought it was on the west coast.

awesome!! i think its time to take a trip to orlando.. =P

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

i didnt realize but i was 2 blocks away from this when i was in orlando lol

The FMIC isn't Mishimoto...its a race core radiator. The FMIC my boy made himself, yes..he makes his own FMIC's. The reason that it looks funky is because of the Evo X i/c pipe routing especially for the cold side which routes over the radiator support.

Some have mixed opinions of the FMIC..but its very functional and gets him 11.8 sec 1/4 times. He got some awsome news yesterday and has come across a AWSOME deal on a Dyno Dynamics dynometer and is strongly considering to sell the Evo X to get this dyno into the shop. Soo...not sure how long or if he will own the Evo X in the near future.

I got do drive his Evo X a couple of times this week...its insanely fast being stock.

sooo.. what type of rear extension is on ur 7g lol.. what kinda car did it come off of?

edit : i liked the fmic.. only reason i was asknig what kind because i want one haha

Come on man. You know I saw the Starion, and you're not going to say anything about it?

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mazarin View Post
    Come on man. You know I saw the Starion, and you're not going to say anything about it?
    LoL...sorry Maz.

Yes..thats his Starion and he absolutely loves Starions/Conquests. He would rather drive that one instead of the Evo X....its just how it is when a person has a soft spot for a car.

He is restoring the car and is very picky on getting the car looking brand spanking new. He is all about the small details.

The one you see in the shop is like his 5th one he has owned and by far the best condition one he has owned so far...so he is going to spend more time getting this one "right".

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice!

NVMY8G
    that is a nice looking shop so far. And getting a Dyno would be so sick..

Sick shop for sure, I have a question, is that mazdaspeed 6 sitting on powdercoated/painted stock Evo X GSR wheels? Cuz that's what they look like lol
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast