The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: QUAD

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    leadfoot

QUAD

ive heard this is the ultimate mod for the 2.4 (other than a turbo or .S/C)is this true and if so where can i get one and what kind of power will i be putin down after this mod. oh and of couse how much where can i get one and is there anything that you need to run it?

yea, ur gonna get lots of power on this bad boy. i heard things of around 50% gains, but yea thats probably with some engine work too. but yea these things are expensive. more expensive than a turbo kit. since you are bypassing the MAS, ur gonna have to get a stand alone fuel management system like the haltech or the aem ems. chances are ur gonna have to modify ur hood to make room for the quad. so yea think about a big scoop or some kinda cowl induction hood. a quad isn't really good on a street/draily driver. because of all the new air flow, the increased air flow, your fuel economy will go down....alot. the good part is, with some additional modificatons, u can run a turbo or a blower along with it, but then, even that is gonna be a problem because of traction issues but yea, lots o money...way more than a turbo or blower...

check out RPW for more info...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Alister_McRae
    Well for power gains, depending on how its tuned, can be up to 50% more. I called a while back about this setup for more information, i forgot his name, but he said that it will cost about $2000, to $2500 for the quad setup with a carbon fiber box and new manifold. And to find tune it, you NEED the haltech E6K computer system. Well its not needed, but if you want to see maximum performance, then i would go with the the haltech. The E6K starts at $1300. So if i do the math right, its going to be about $3300 for all parts, and installation would probably be around $1800-3000 from what i was told, but it varies from shop to shop. Hope this helped, good luck....mike