The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alpine dvd bypass help

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    rollin

Alpine dvd bypass help

i hookd up my friends alpine dvd player but i cant get the movie to show at all.All i get is a blue screen that shows how many min. have gone by and stuff like a dvd player and i can hear the movie playing on the speakers but i cant see the movie.I heard there's a way to bypass is it can any body help me with this or point me in the right dirction or maybe i might have hooked some thing wrong i dont know

rollin
    oh every thing else works the radio the cd player touch screen just not the dvd's

GEt yourself a pac tr-7 it's default programming is set up to do what you need. BAsicall need to feed +12v to the "foot barke" wire wire ground the "parking brake" wire un ground then reground and remove +12v froim the foot brake wire.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

cntrylvr is right thats the easiest way but i have a pioneer and i just wired up a toggle switch so i turn it twice and it works. the only downside is you have to do this each time you turn off the car. i'm getting a pac tr7 soon just didnt want to wait for it to come in.

Most makes have a wire that you have to hook up to the parking break. So in order for you to have video you have to pull the parking break handle. There are ways to bypass it but I am not that up to date about it.

yeah, sorry i wasnt clear the parking brake wire is what i have on a toggle switch and it on a ground wire on the other part of the switch. i know the new pioneers you have to flip the switch 2 times then it goes off so i'm sure the alpine is similar

rollin
    cool thanks guys for your help im going to try that this week

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    My wire was a ground wire.. I just had to ground it to watch movies.. Just make sure you don't sizzle anything.

cntrylvr79 is right about the PAC unit. You will need it for screen to work while driving. Alpine is different than all other screens, most just need to ground the pk brake wire and they will work. Alpine has a sequence that you have to do between the foot brake and pk brake for it to unlock the screen. The PAC tr-7 does this sequence everytime you turn on the vehicle so the screen will work for movies. It is alot easier to just buy it instead of having to do the sequence everytime you want the screen to display a movie.

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    My wire was a ground wire.. I just had to ground it to watch movies.. Just make sure you don't sizzle anything.
    hahahaha i'll try not to