The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo X Mountain Pass Photos *HDR yo*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 74
    Banned

Evo X Mountain Pass Photos *HDR yo*

So I went for a drive today and was loving the weather up in the mountains, so I took some photos and HDR-ified them. Some of them turned out pretty good, I think :) Will be pretty much the last snow we see here this year, so I'm glad I was able to shoot these today.

*edit* I've included the originals for now... I'd like to do some more work on these.

*edit 2* Completely re-edited all photos. Let me know what you think.

Originals:

Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 05-04-2009 at 11:18 PM

Sweet bro! keep it up

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

good looks

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Photos look all weird and pixillated. If thats what you were going for, good job ;)
    7g for life!

Banned
    Why do I even bother posting shit? Yeah, I need a better camera. gg

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Photos look all weird and pixillated. If thats what you were going for, good job ;)
    lol cool shots anyways. need better camera man....those angles on a good SLR would be awesome
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Banned
    Thanks... I just spend too much money on more fun stuff. I'll pick up a used DSLR eventually.

I'm lovin' your Evo man! Awesome pics!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

TGC Regular
    Nice Evo, the angles of the shots are nice, but yeah you need to upgrade the camera

Banned
    Thanks, but yeah... I'm pretty sure most of you are full of shit. I want to see some examples of your work and what equipment you use before "upgrade your camera" blanket statements are made. I'm looking again and really only 3 of these photos came out grainy. The last one is horrible, unfortunately, but I did what I could to save it because the perspective was awesome.

Really, I've never seen anybody take any photos like this before and post them here...

Anyway, I'm sure some people have enjoyed looking at some amateur photos of scenery they may never actually see.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    well i see the evo, and i see the mountains, what i dont see is any passing =p
    j.k nice pics.. the "hdr" look really makes the blue come to life on the evo

Banned
    The HDR is fake. I don't have a tripod yet to take multiple exposures.

Icon11 I Envy You...

Good stuff! I wish I knew how to do the whole HDR thing...
    *is sad*

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaperâ„¢...

Banned
    http://www.nill.cz/index.php?set=tu1 is the exact tutorial I used to create an action in Photoshop to do it for me.

It works on some photos very, very well. Others, not so much. Out of the ones I posted, I'd throw out about 5 of them. But it's OK, I posted them all for constructive feedback, but the best I've heard so far is "get a better camera" which isn't very helpful at all...

Proto
    Photos and angles are great with the HDR effect but camera = fail. You can pick up a decent canon or nikon for around $150. Any plans for a wheels and drop?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Photos and angles are great with the HDR effect but camera = fail. You can pick up a decent canon or nikon for around $150. Any plans for a wheels and drop?
    Thanks Reggie.

The camera does fail. Too much artifacting, terrible light capturing ability...

I might as well save up for a D60 like I want :)

It's dropped already. I did that the first week I owned it. But you can't tell from that one side of the car in the first few photos. It's just the ground and how the wheel is turned. 2 finger gap up front, 1 finger in the rear.

like i said to the other pictures i saw, probably the best colour that the evo comes in....good choice.

as for the camera......first thing i thought was these pics are pritty good, id be proud to take them with a DSLR let alone anything else.

Good work, i now have a new desktop :)

looking good. That color is pretty cool.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    I think you took some great shots. Maybe the "grainyness" comes from downsizing the actual, photos or the "fake" HDR. what do the originals look like.

I'm not a professional picture taker and don't know the camera's you talking about, i just know what i see.

Banned
    ty guys

Yeah Proto actually gave me several tips and nothing is really making my Kodak take better photos. It seems to always introduce the noise/speckles no matter what settings. POS

I think I might try running a despeckle on a few of these before running the HDR filters. Might help.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast