The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo X Mountain Pass Photos *HDR yo*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 74
    The pics look awesome TJ remind me that i need to drive to utah sometime, i got a friend that lives there going to Newmont college so i could visit him too.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    The pics look awesome TJ remind me that i need to drive to utah sometime, i got a friend that lives there going to Newmont college so i could visit him too.
    Thanks...

and it's Neumont

I know because... take a guess

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Thanks, but yeah... I'm pretty sure most of you are full of shit. I want to see some examples of your work and what equipment you use before "upgrade your camera" blanket statements are made. I'm looking again and really only 3 of these photos came out grainy. The last one is horrible, unfortunately, but I did what I could to save it because the perspective was awesome.

Really, I've never seen anybody take any photos like this before and post them here...

Anyway, I'm sure some people have enjoyed looking at some amateur photos of scenery they may never actually see.
    I will try to find some of Lnkn52's pix, he definitely knows his stuff around a camera. I'm pretty sure he always shoots with Censee, comes out fantastic. I'd like to see your raw photos before you HDR'd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Oh and if you do ever want to sell those EVO X wheels you got a buyer right here (barring any damage)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    I will try to find some of Lnkn52's pix, he definitely knows his stuff around a camera. I'm pretty sure he always shoots with Censee, comes out fantastic. I'd like to see your raw photos before you HDR'd
    Doesn't change the fact that the only person yet to actually be constructive and helpful was Proto... lol

They're terrible. It's clear why the final ones turned out grainy. Can't polish a turd.

And no, I'm keeping my wheels stock for now. For the price of a set of wheels for this car, I could have a new turbo.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ty guys

Yeah Proto actually gave me several tips and nothing is really making my Kodak take better photos. It seems to always introduce the noise/speckles no matter what settings. POS

I think I might try running a despeckle on a few of these before running the HDR filters. Might help.
    Well theres your problem right there :P

Buy a midrange Canon Powershot or Nikon Coolpix if you dont want to spend the money on a DSLR. I hate Kodak cameras with a passion :P
    7g for life!

Banned
    It was orange, I bought it... I'll pick up a D40 here soon I'm sure.

Thanks...

and it's Neumont

I know because... take a guess
    lol all i know is he is going there and it is one of the best tech schools in the nation. And ic y you are so smart if you went there lol i think 90% of the American 4chan members are in that college.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Banned
    I hate 4chan...

No, most people who went to school with me were morons. They recruited me 1500 miles away from here and gave me a full free ride. I obliged.

TGC Regular
    Also there is no reason why now adays you have to HDR everything. Like I said you have a good eye on where to take the photo but HDR with a KODAK, your just asking for too much. Just post up the unedited one with a little bit of adjustments.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lnkn52 View Post
    Also there is no reason why now adays you have to HDR everything. Like I said you have a good eye on where to take the photo but HDR with a KODAK, your just asking for too much. Just post up the unedited one with a little bit of adjustments.
    OK, go take some photos you specifically intended to give an HDR effect and get back with me.

The originals did not do my car or the scenery justice.

I mean really... I'm looking at your signature right now and just laughing. I hope what you mean to say is that you hope for somebody ELSE to give advice. I've already discussed at length with two pretty experienced photographers what I should do. Both have given me recommendations for a new DSLR and I've got a good idea why my current camera can't take photos worth a shit. Poor quality CCD more than likely.

Unless you have something else, these were posted for people to enjoy because quite honestly I've NEVER seen any photos of car + mountains + winding roads + good composure posted on TGC before. So hopefully people enjoyed viewing. I don't need any more input. You can click the little "x" now.
    Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 05-04-2009 at 06:40 PM

TGC Regular
    Just because you are supposedly the "first" to post car + mountains + winding roads + good composure doesnt mean they are good. If you post something and can not handle the comments good or bad, then dont post.

You over did the HDR. You went full retard as some people would like to put it.

By the way, I am not saying that I have the best photography in TGC, because there is way more talent I have seen here.

Banned
    They're good. Your photography blows from what I can tell. Click the back button, it's OK.

his photography is definitely better than yours, TJ. its night and day, clearly

TGC Regular
    We all have our right to our own opinions, its just a shame that some are too egotistic

Banned
    his photography is definitely better than yours, TJ. its night and day, clearly
    Uh, right. Showcase it. You've never put up ONCE. Prove otherwise.

And adjust your monitor. These actually look good given correct color settings, ignoring the graininess that I obviously can't help.

And no... fuck that. If I went back and re-took these with a D40 or equivalent, they'd be better than anything this guy has ever done. The consensus I've gotten from EXPERIENCED photographers (which you aren't Arel) is that these would have been superb given a nice camera. Prove otherwise.

and this is all i have to contribute to the thread

mine is pretty crappy too but i least i didnt extra crappy it like SOMEOOONNE i knoow oohh deet dee deee

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lnkn52 View Post
    We all have our right to our own opinions, its just a shame that some are too egotistic
    No, it's a shame people will talk all day long and not put up or show anything.

Go back. Read. You've said NOTHING meaningful in this thread or provided ANYTHING useful. Either shut up, or do something worthwhile. Fucking worthless.

Banned
    and this is all i have to contribute to the thread

mine is pretty crappy too but i least i didnt extra crappy it like SOMEOOONNE i knoow oohh deet dee deee
    We can take a vote on that...

#1 that photo fucking sucks. Every single one I posted in this thread is better than that. If that's what you've got Arel, you should probably just sit down.

lol your car isn't even in focus, that little spot of water next to it is. Wow, you win. Touche, bravo.

TGC Regular
    Your hard headed, thats what we are saying, the only reason they are not good is because the equipment you had, as well as you over processed an image that didnt have enough information.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast