The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo X Mountain Pass Photos *HDR yo*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 74
    TGC Regular

This was overdone a bit but I am still able to see areas that were supposed to be dark
    Last edited by lnkn52; 05-04-2009 at 08:17 PM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lnkn52 View Post
    Your hard headed, thats what we are saying, the only reason they are not good is because the equipment you had, as well as you over processed an image that didnt have enough information.
    And you don't understand what an apostrophe-re is. Fucking hell.

I know the camera sucks. You are echoing the input of everybody else I've already conversed with. Good job. Except one thing, you had nothing further to add.

I said right in my first post I thought a FEW of them were good. Most sucked. Shall I edit my post to only include the ones I actually like? Open your eyes. I know a few of them blow, but I also know a few of them are fucking nice. I included them all because I wished all of them could have turned out well. I spent a lot of time standing in the road, trying multiple settings and exposures. Multiple angles. I took over 50 photos during that shoot. They're not fucking snapshots.

I can REALLY tell you are not an actual photography enthusiast. Definitely not. You not having any ACTUAL feedback was the first dead giveaway.

Banned

This was overdone a bit but I am still able to see areas that were supposed to be dark
    Are you kidding me? You have a tripod and know how to take an extended exposure photograph. Keep trying.

You can see areas that are supposed to be dark because that is called NIGHT. It is a time of day, as most of us are familiar with.

LOL didn't see the second one at first... almost glad I didn't.

#1 what the fuck did you do with the clouds. Why are the HOUSES in focus? Why is everything red? Fail, if you're trying to use that as a comparison. Success if you're trying to show you have a decent camera to work off of.

Have you EVER taken mountain outdoor shots? They are hard as FUCK to get to come out well. I'm happy I even got 2 photos I'd use on my desktop out of this shoot. And that's all I'm using, if that tells you anything. I'm proud of 2 of those shots. The rest are crap, but I posted them all anyway. Get it now?
    Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 05-04-2009 at 08:18 PM

Banned
    That's not even the color of your car! Are you serious!?

Ugh. I give up. Point proven.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    haha u are tooooo easy. that must suck

TGC Regular
    thats why I gave you credit for finding those spots, but you seem to be a bit immature and stupid to understand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    haha u are tooooo easy. that must suck
    That I can type and convey thoughts in ways that accentuates my feelings? I'm not actually the least bit angry. I'm puzzled at best.

Arel, that photo of yours sucks. Don't even TRY to pass it off as decent in somebody else's thread.

And these other two by whatever his name is, some arbitrary combination of a few letters and numbers, whatever... they're nice. But definitely nothing I'd put on the table to demonstrate I'm a better photographer than somebody else. Definitely not. I can see the watermark from the program you used to butcher the 2nd photo. I bet there was a nice wizard and everything! I recorded an action script in Photoshop based upon a lot of experimentation to do my photos. I decided to apply the same to each photo to see how it'd come out. I was too lazy to go back and correct the ones I didn't like. I have better stuff to do than tweak photos, when I'm still backed up on requests for signatures and stuff from people.

edit: just in case that part was missed
    Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 05-04-2009 at 08:36 PM

Banned
    thats why I gave you credit for finding those spots, but you seem to be a bit immature and stupid to understand
    No, really, you're the only stupid one here. You've yet to provide a modicum of actual helpful advice. Ironically I got the best advice from somebody I fucked hated for a year up until yesterday.

*let the name calling begin - just remember, you started it*

rar rar rar i wanna argue! haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    rar rar rar i wanna argue! haha
    I've noticed something with you. You fucking fail at arguing and debating, and always behave that way. You are literally incapable of defending yourself or anybody else with words, so you just give up and act stupid. That is who you are.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Why do I even bother posting shit? Yeah, I need a better camera. gg
    It should have just ended there.

louuud nooiissessss

Banned
    It should have just ended there.
    Then why do you keep on posting?

edit: I see you continue editing your posts, so I'm going to edit one of mine.
    Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 05-04-2009 at 08:35 PM

Banned
    There we go. Refresh the first page of this thread, look at the first post, and you'll see why I edited these so heavily. I'm giving it a second go... I'll post the results later.

TJ... As you asked me to, and as I said I would, I'm going to act like an adult, not call you names, and with that - I will comment and critique your photos.

First off, the photos you took remind me of why I love Utah. A few minutes on the road and you are in the beautiful mountains. I appreciate the photos for how gorgeous Northern Utah is.

When I first looked at your photos, they looked over-processed to me. But, being that I am not a pro, or semi-pro, photographer I showed your pics to one professional photog and one semi-pro that I am friends with.

My first thought on this photo was that the colors were pretty spot on. But then one of the photogs pointed out the cloud in the upper left. Its dark grey with a very pronounced blue halo. The other then pointed out the blown out red trees on the right.

This photo was heavily critiqued because of the level of green in the picture. They said the clouds were gray (again) but with a green halo, and the shoulder of the road is green.

I'm not going to post any more of your photos. I'll just say this... Your Evo is beautiful. You took some shots, and posted them. People are either going to love them, think they are ok, or say they suck. I'd say its a fine split between all three.

What you should take from all of these posts is LEARN. Get a new camera, buy a tripod, whatever. Just take this thread and LEARN from it, instead of calling people out (who may have called you out first, understandable).

So anyway, use what you learned from this thread and make the next set of pictures better - however that might be.

Lastly, one of the photogs that saw your pics is known for HDR pics and rig shots. This is one of his (an Evo X).

Good luck and work on those skills for your next post. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

looks awesome!!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

TGC Regular

Something quick, but the originals one looks better

and polishmafia is right. We dont like our work to be criticized but if your going to grow and improve your going to have to face the criticism.
    Last edited by lnkn52; 05-04-2009 at 09:40 PM

and polishmafia is right. We dont like our work to be criticized but if your going to grow and improve your going to have to face the criticism.

TJ! This shot makes your car in all aspects! This pics is great!

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Banned
    LOL... thank you both.

I just re-did one. I'll be turning the originals into thumbnails when I'm done, and posting my new ones.

I took the suggestions. I found a major flaw in the fake HDR process I was using... this is much better now IMHO.

Here it goes:

I feel your pain about the camera thing TJ. I only use a 3.2mp fuji and always find some way to put off buying a DSLR

this would've looked perfect if I had a DSLR.

car looks good though man. I really love that color.

I think I said that already.... oh well.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast