The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 H.I.D Kits $118.99

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar

2 H.I.D Kits $118.99

This is where I ordered my kits from in february. Just sharing the love with you guys

http://www.k8xenons.com/bruphosa.htm...FctL5QodDjBm0g

awesome deal for HIDs!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Awesome, I think me and a friend are going 50/50 on it, good HIDs for $60

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Hmmm 1 for heads 1 for fogs....So anyone know the verdict on whether or not the ebay heads can stand HIDs?

I am just curious, but why spend the money on HID's when you can get H4 bulbs that are just as bright, powerful, same colors, and same wattage as HID's.
    Good part is the H4's cost half the price as a HID kit.

Im just curious of the benifit that HID's give back verses H4 bulbs.
    Last edited by 01blackG; 05-07-2009 at 06:41 PM Reason: spelling

hids are alot brighter if i'm not mistaken.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG View Post
    I am just curious, but why spend the money on HID's when you can get H4 bulbs that are just as bright, powerful, same colors, and same wattage as HID's.

HID are way brighter!!!! There is no comparison between HID's and upgraded H4 bulbs, Spend the money and you will find out. I had HID's and they broke and i cant stand driving without them now :(

Hid's Are way brighter then regular bulbs...All those aftermarket bulbs ussually blow out after 3 months anyways...I love driving with hid's..you can see everything and all the street signs reflect great off of them...im never going back to regular bulbs..

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Brightness is rated in Lumens usually Hid depending bulb and quality surpass 2500 Lumens (for example my philips hid bulbs d2s put out 3400 lumens) while stock halogens put out at the most around 1500 Lumens if even....

I had a set of aftermarket H bulbs before the wattage was 65 low and i think the high was 85 watts if im not mistaken might have been 90 watts. They were plenty bright. I would say they could have been comparable with HID's. They were so bright I had to put tinted light covers on my car so I wouldnt get pulled over anymore. And they were still brighter then your high end OEM/aftermarket replacement bulbs.

I will try to find the sight where I found some higher end H4 upgrades. I think they will be compairable if the correct ones are purchased.

And the lasted longer then I owned the car, over 2 years. The guy I sold the car to still had them a yr after i sold it to him.
    Last edited by 01blackG; 05-07-2009 at 07:19 PM Reason: added text

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

I had a set of aftermarket H bulbs before the wattage was 65 low and i think the high was 85 watts if im not mistaken might have been 90 watts. They were plenty bright. I would say they could have been comparable with HID's. They were so bright I had to put tinted light covers on my car so I wouldnt get pulled over anymore. And they were still brighter then your high end OEM/aftermarket replacement bulbs.

I will try to find the sight where I found some higher end H4 upgrades. I think they will be compairable if the correct ones are purchased.

And the lasted longer then I owned the car, over 2 years. The guy I sold the car to still had them a yr after i sold it to him.
    I'd like to know what bulbs are these that are remotely comparable to HID?..I'm not a fan of Hids in headlights that are designed for halogen..but like many agree there are brighter,they require less draw from the vehicle,and usually last longer provided a good quality kit..

Just to toss this in..I saw this on another forum

H4 Light Bulb Lumen Output Specifications:
    (ECE-R37 H4 Maximum Allowed Output: 1900/1150 lumen.)
    Philips Vision Plus H4: 1895/1150 lumen. (~3200K clear)
    GE Megalight Plus H4: 1890/1150 lumen. (~3200K clear)
    Osram Silverstar H4: 1700/1075 lumen. (~3200K clear)
    Philips BlueVision H4: 1650/1000 lumen. (~4000K blue tinted)
    Osram Cool Blue: 1650/1000 lumen. (~4000K blue tinted)
    Sylvania Silverstar H4: 1500/910 lumen. (~4000K blue tinted)
    Last edited by 02redgalant; 05-07-2009 at 08:01 PM

Ok here is the site that I found some higher end H4's on. These are not the same ones I had before. Im not sure if they have discontinued the ones I had before or not.
    But looking at some of the spec's of these ones I dont see why they could'nt be comparable to HID's.

http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...5af5c8a75fd530

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    HIDs also draw less power, most run at 35 watts RMS.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Hmmm 1 for heads 1 for fogs....So anyone know the verdict on whether or not the ebay heads can stand HIDs?
    Been running HID in my Ebay projectors for 2 month now. No issues at all.

Ok here is the site that I found some higher end H4's on. These are not the same ones I had before. Im not sure if they have discontinued the ones I had before or not.
    But looking at some of the spec's of these ones I dont see why they could'nt be comparable to HID's.

http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...5af5c8a75fd530
    idk man.. i popped like 3 diff kinds of bulbs.. i had a set of bulbs that guaranteed HID- like brightness they cost about 75 for the pair..

but now i got my 6000k 55W DDM HIDS and there's nothing like it man.. serious...

Silver_8G
    Has anyone ran the hids yet in the link? Just wanting some feedback before I buy them. I have bad luck with HIDS it seems.

G_RIDE
    Are the H4 hi/low or just lows?

H4 upgraded bulbs like said dont last very long. HIDs will last longer draw less power are pretty easy to install and brighter. The extra few bucks its a pure win situation. Unless you melt your fogs ;)

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar

You have no business modding a car at all. Stop now & just read as much as you can on the forum about everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast