The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 H.I.D Kits $118.99

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG View Post
    I am just curious, but why spend the money on HID's when you can get H4 bulbs that are just as bright, powerful, same colors, and same wattage as HID's.
    Good part is the H4's cost half the price as a HID kit.

Im just curious of the benifit that HID's give back verses H4 bulbs.
    you sir are on crack.

and good luck keeping your harnesses from melting when you install these bulbs you speak of.

H.I.D.bulbs have their own powersource they take energy from, they are brighter trust me.

any regular bulb that will emit a beam as bright as H.I.D. bulbs will fry the connector if not the whole headlight harness.

shit, silvania silverstars melt the connectors.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

NO H4 bulbs will be as bright as HIDS!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    ^ lies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_8G View Post
    Has anyone ran the hids yet in the link? Just wanting some feedback before I buy them. I have bad luck with HIDS it seems.
    why spend on some that no one ever tried...

THESE my friend... are top of the line

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DD...Kit-101-0.html

alot of us have them here, I personally have the 55w 6000k they are bright as f*ck lol

try the out, the only downside is they take about 2 weeks to come, but then again.. i'm in canada.

Luminics bulbs are ok but they do blow out after a couple months....Ive been through the whole bulb stage and i had the best Piaa's you can buy. I thought they were bright but when you get hid's your gonna see the huge difference when you drive...

Silver_8G
    Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    why spend on some that no one ever tried...

THESE my friend... are top of the line

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DD...Kit-101-0.html

alot of us have them here, I personally have the 55w 6000k they are bright as f*ck lol

try the out, the only downside is they take about 2 weeks to come, but then again.. i'm in canada.
    Ive had alot of top of the line kits. The kit on my truck is from Xtralights.com and was 380.00 just for lows/hi. But I Havent tried ddm yet. Ill give em a shot on my Galant.
    Last edited by Silver_8G; 05-08-2009 at 02:16 PM

Ok, I must have hurt Skyline. So sorry dude. And any how never said I ever even tried to mod a car.

4G by the way I did keep the harness on the car and Im not on crack. But also I didnt plug them into my G. If im not mistaken I never said what kind of car I did put them in but they were real. As for silvania silverstars, I dont know what planet you are from but I installed those in my G. Yes they blew out way to fast for me to buy another set. But to fry the harness, you must have some kind of problem with your car. You might want to get it fixed.

I'll let you guys know when I get the H4 bulbs, then maybe I can meet up with someone who has HID's. And put both cars next to each other to compare. Then maybe this will finally set things straight. Untill then PEACE OUT, on this subject.

Oh, and by the way the bulbs I had before were the real deal. Unfortunatly the place I bought them from doesnt have them any more and no one can remember the name of them.

Ok, I must have hurt Skyline. So sorry dude. And any how never said I ever even tried to mod a car.

4G by the way I did keep the harness on the car and Im not on crack. But also I didnt plug them into my G. If im not mistaken I never said what kind of car I did put them in but they were real. As for silvania silverstars, I dont know what planet you are from but I installed those in my G. Yes they blew out way to fast for me to buy another set. But to fry the harness, you must have some kind of problem with your car. You might want to get it fixed.

I'll let you guys know when I get the H4 bulbs, then maybe I can meet up with someone who has HID's. And put both cars next to each other to compare. Then maybe this will finally set things straight. Untill then PEACE OUT, on this subject.

Oh, and by the way the bulbs I had before were the real deal. Unfortunatly the place I bought them from doesnt have them any more and no one can remember the name of them.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35929

thats a thread i put up when i first got my DDMs, check it out and compare them to pictures of your bulbs.. lol guarantee they weren't nearly as bright as these... to tell you the truth, I can't drive behind work vans because the reflection off the rear steel bumber blinds me lol

Now, I don't suggest getting the 55w lol... way too bright, I get highbeams pointed at me all the time, unless you either don't mind, or plan on getting projectors lol... you should get 35w, it's only a matter of time before i get pulled for them lol I've had police shield their eyes a I pass by them.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Ok here is the site that I found some higher end H4's on. These are not the same ones I had before. Im not sure if they have discontinued the ones I had before or not.
    But looking at some of the spec's of these ones I dont see why they could'nt be comparable to HID's.

http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...5af5c8a75fd530

dude you must of ignored completely what I told you there is no way halogens are able to put out as much as HID...NO WAY period...I gave you Hard Facts to explain my reasoning you give a website that sells ebay bulbs that don't run more then 10 bucks..seriously check out Hidplanet.com..Understand what HID is before you make a claim about halogen

also melting a harness is usually cause by running a bulb that requires more watts then factory or a cheap bulb that runs hotter then it should(which is why HID is not recommended for Non-Hid application it also runs at a higher temp which can damage the chrome in the reflector or even the Non-Hid projectors which over time loses its ability to reflect light cause of the heat damage to reflector/projector)...I ran xtravisons and silverstars before my Retrofit and my harnesses are 100% perfect condition. i ran xtravisions for 6 months...and silverstars for more then a year....and I now with my retrofit I run Hid TSX projectors and D2s philips 85122+ bulbs..I'll never go back to halogen
    Last edited by 02redgalant; 05-09-2009 at 04:39 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar

Oh come on man. You didn't hurt a damn thing. Just ask yourself this question. If halogens are better than HID's how is it that all the big name cars (Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc..) use them on their cars?

Here's the Modding-skills-challenged Quesition :-)

Ok, by reading the whole thread, I think I can buy this kit (first link in thread), and just put it in my 100% stock 2000 Galant ES, without much hassle.

So, if there is someone in the Salt Lake Area that would like to buy this 50/50 with me, I will go for it...

;-)

Me like bright stuff :-D

umm..I think i am speechless....I ..well...*mouth agape* ...HID's are Godsend...now..I have used the Luminics bulbs in the Wife's Escape ....just to get away from Ford Factory Bulbs...and the upgrade from factory was nice...I think the bulb upgrade is good for that situation....it was only $29 and I got the Krypton Ultra Whites...they did the deed..made the wife happy and was way better than factory...Now used as an HID substitute.....I do not dare to compare to my 6Ks ....I love them ....love them..I am dying now cause I did buy a kit in a "deal" and my harness went bad..actually I thought it to be small..and it fried..and it was supposed to be well in regs for the HID support...I dont know what happened..but I have my replacement and will hook it up this weekend if I can...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    anyone have the contact information for this site? I was waiting for a friend of mine to be ready to buy this and he's FINALLY ready.. I don't even know if the deal is going on anymore but the server seems to be down for the site so if it isn't back up within the next couple days I was going to see if I could call them or something

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuwaffles View Post
    umm..I think i am speechless....I ..well...*mouth agape* ...HID's are Godsend...now..I have used the Luminics bulbs in the Wife's Escape ....just to get away from Ford Factory Bulbs...and the upgrade from factory was nice...I think the bulb upgrade is good for that situation....it was only $29 and I got the Krypton Ultra Whites...they did the deed..made the wife happy and was way better than factory...Now used as an HID substitute.....I do not dare to compare to my 6Ks ....I love them ....love them..I am dying now cause I did buy a kit in a "deal" and my harness went bad..actually I thought it to be small..and it fried..and it was supposed to be well in regs for the HID support...I dont know what happened..but I have my replacement and will hook it up this weekend if I can...
    i installed HID 4250K H11 low beams and HID 3000K 9145 fogs in my girl's 2006 escape (LIMITED V6)... it's 1000x better than the stock lighting. btw, i installed full power/relay harnesses directly to the battery for the low beam HID and resistor packs to trick the bulb out warnings; works perfect and now her car has even better lighting than my car (i have 2 HID 6000K kits in my JDM's: hi, low and another HID 6000K kit in my PIAA fog projectors, 3 kits total).

hey guys you should definitely look into planetHID.com
    I just ordered a 12000k h4 hid kit, it came within 4 business days, and i was really pleased with the quality and ease of installation! Comes with 1 relay, 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, 2 ballast mounting brackets, 4 zip ties for bundling up wiring, and instruction manual.

The cool thing about planet hid's kits are the normal secondary bulb. It's programmed to work with your manufactured light switch, so for those nights you see cops coming your way, flip on your hi beams and it will switch from colored to normal, all in the same bulb! (comes in handy because most hid kits are illegal unless installed with projector headlights)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    12000k must be bright as fuck. I just got some 10000ks from a friend and its all plug and play with a 9006 bulb harness so hookup is easy. Im ditching my old HID"s for a lil upgrade.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
    hey guys you should definitely look into planetHID.com
    I just ordered a 12000k h4 hid kit, it came within 4 business days, and i was really pleased with the quality and ease of installation! Comes with 1 relay, 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, 2 ballast mounting brackets, 4 zip ties for bundling up wiring, and instruction manual.

The cool thing about planet hid's kits are the normal secondary bulb. It's programmed to work with your manufactured light switch, so for those nights you see cops coming your way, flip on your hi beams and it will switch from colored to normal, all in the same bulb! (comes in handy because most hid kits are illegal unless installed with projector headlights)
    1 relay? whats the relay for (is it for wiring directly to the battery or is it to keep the low beams on w/ the high beam (dual bulb functionality vs. dual filament stock)? btw, that secondary normal bulb is your high beam and it is offset to change the beam pattern to raise the cutoff, so when you drive around w/ those on, you are blinding oncoming traffic. also, any HID kit installed on a car that does not have HID specific housings and HID levelers is technically illegal regardless if they are projector or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    12000k must be bright as fuck. I just got some 10000ks from a friend and its all plug and play with a 9006 bulb harness so hookup is easy. Im ditching my old HID"s for a lil upgrade.
    actualy 12000K will be very dim for HID (but probably still marginally brighter than halogen). w/ the same given wattage (most HID are 35W, some new kits are 50W), 4250K is the brightest (that's why ALL OEM HID is between 4250K and 5500K); the further you go from that pure white, the less luminosity (brightness) you will have... K actually is a measure of color temperature, in this context, and the higher that number goes, the DARKER the color and hence the less light output. optimally 8000K is the highest you want to go (and even that is too colored) in order to maintain performance. the reason OEM HID looks so colored is because they are almost always in projector housings... projectors refract light at the upper portion of the cutoff (what u usually see when looking at them) causing only blue/purple light to be seen, when in actuality they are putting out very white light below the cutoff. next time u see a car w/ HID projectors, lower your head to see how white the light really is (but don't blind youreself).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12