The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $845????

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    alex0091

$845????

so my a/c is blowing just hot air, i took it to see whats wrong and the guy said it was the condensor and that he would need to replace it completly, he gave me an estimate of like 400 for that, while i was there i got my brakes redone (caliper,rotors,pads) front only, and i also got an oil change, he told me it would come out to $845 in total does that sound like a good price??

Experienced TGC Member
    What are they charging you for just the condensor??? You can find new ones on Ebay for about $100-$150 I believe. I am sure the majority of that bill is the labor (most shops seem to charge anywhere from $45-100+/Hr). I would ask for a detailed bill before handing over any green

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

alex0091
    no yeah its most likely labor costs thats why its so expensive, i havent taken it in yet they just gave me that estimate

Quote Originally Posted by alex0091 View Post
    so my a/c is blowing just hot air, i took it to see whats wrong and the guy said it was the condensor and that he would need to replace it completly, he gave me an estimate of like 400 for that, while i was there i got my brakes redone (caliper,rotors,pads) front only, and i also got an oil change, he told me it would come out to $845 in total does that sound like a good price??
    I would do the calipers,rotors,pads, and oil change myself ( wait a minute..I just did) then get a compresser off ebay or elsewhere and just take it to a local garage to have it installed. Hell, just doing all the other stuff besides the compressor would save you a bunch.
    I did G2 x drilled/slotted rotors, Ceramic brake pads, Painted the calipers w/G2 paint ,bled the brakes(2 huge bottles of Valvoline synthetic fluid) and changed the oil w/Castrol Syntec and a Purolator Pure One filter and I was still under $200.00. I'd never pay that much,,,,,,,look into some other options and call around. My .02
    Last edited by boochieboy; 05-07-2009 at 04:15 AM

Silver_8G
    I would take in to another shop. It pays to shop around on car repairs. And see what someone else suggest. The shop you went to might just be saying its the codensor. Try to find a local shop that does nothing but AC repairs. And defently do the brakes and oil yourself.

alex0091
    okay yeah i thik ill end up doing the brakes myself cause thats not too hard from what ive heard, and the oil change ill get that too.

The pricing doesn't sound abnormal to me, especially considering it includes labor, AND recharging the A/C system professionally and properly.