The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM headlight install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

JDM headlight install

i already read the tutorial...and i pretty much know how to install them...but i was just wondering...exactly how difficult was it for you to get the wiring done to install the lights?...this is probably a stupid question to be asking..but whatever

is it possible to install the lights without messing with the wiring?...i have a pair coming in the mail, so i have not had a chance to actually look at the harnesses up close yet...

I cheated..well...I dont have my lights yet. BUT I had a harness built for me. I think it was Drybear if I am not mistaken. Apparently you have to do some splicing...just be careful in what you do...you should be alright. The tutorial has the wiring part too...no help though I am assuming?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

takes under 2 hours to install and wire everything

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yeah im pretty much well on my own with this vehicle...unless any of my friends are willing to drive 1 1/2 - 2 hours to come help me..haha...the car is going to be unable to drive for a while...:(

2 hours...thats not so bad...yeh it didnt seem to difficult from the tutorial...

do the back panels of the jdm lights not have those circle pop out things that the us versions have?...are there any shortcuts to not having to rewire the entire thing?..im just curious...i want to be a bit more informed so that i dont feel like an idiot when i get them in the mail...haha
    Last edited by DJ_Devistatix; 05-08-2009 at 11:37 PM

k..so i got the lights in...one of the lights did not come with any wiring harnesses.....anyone know where i can find them?..at least i think its only two...there is a big one and a little one on one of the lights....heh

do the turn signals supposed to have harnesses as well?...or just the plastic piece with the bulb?..do these need any modifications?

thnx

k..so i got the lights in...one of the lights did not come with any wiring harnesses.....anyone know where i can find them?..at least i think its only two...there is a big one and a little one on one of the lights....heh

do the turn signals supposed to have harnesses as well?...or just the plastic piece with the bulb?..do these need any modifications?

thnx

you need H4 connectors, H1 conectors and whatever turnsignal connector you choose to use. then splice the wires into your current harness.

refer to the tutorial

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

h4 and h1..thnx a bunch man

you have been very helpful since i got here...its much appreciated

Proto
    I can't remember if I included what harnesses the lights used in the tutorial...

no it didnt state what harnesses in the tutorial

another question...

so the h4 connectors are for the main lights...are the h1 connectors for the smaller light next to the center main light?...the only connectors i could find only have 1 wire...the 1 harness that i have has 2 lights coming out of the japanese harness...am i looking at the wrong things?

the 99-03 Galant, 94-99 Celica, 98-02 Corolla Connector and Pigtail connectors 99-03 Galant, 94-99 Celica, 98-02 Corolla Connector and Pigtailor the corner lamps....is there a specific name for these harness connectors?
    Last edited by DJ_Devistatix; 05-11-2009 at 09:56 PM

Proto
    connector and pigtail

ahh...

so what about the deal with the H1 connectors?

i still dont know what type of connector im supposed to use for the smaller light in the center...i still have the light connector, wires, and then the female adapter/harness thingy that attaches to the metal piece thats screwed to the housing, but nothing to plug into it to wire out...i hope that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Devistatix View Post
    h4 and h1..thnx a bunch man

you have been very helpful since i got here...its much appreciated
    you know, thats what i do.

i'm rewiring my heads soon so if you want i can take detailed pics step by step.

h4's are your low beam harness.

looking at the headlights straight on:

inner most light is the high beams
    next to those are the low/high beams. when wired correctly they work as both
    turn signal or just marker lights. if you have a USDM bumper and don't wish to move the signals then you can just leave it alone. but JDM bumpers and some bodykits don't have turn siganls in the bumpers

oo that makes sense

i still dont know what connector/plug i need for those little lights :-/...the one that has the green and black wire...or should i just cut the adapter out and wire it straight into the turn signal wire on the corner?...

what are the H1 plugs for?...

oo that makes sense

i still dont know what connector/plug i need for those little lights :-/...the one that has the green and black wire...or should i just cut the adapter out and wire it straight into the turn signal wire on the corner?...

what are the H1 plugs for?...
    wich little lights? the city lights? you wire those to the marker wires.

h1( i think thats what they are are the high beams the inner most housing.)

the inner lights are h4s as well i believe

yeh the city lights..thats the one that i was wondering about

oooo.. so you use 2 H1 connectors on the inner lights?..cuz the H4 has 3 wires..is that right?

oooo.. so you use 2 H1 connectors on the inner lights?..cuz the H4 has 3 wires..is that right?
    the inners are not h4's the outers are. they are 3 prongs because they do low beams and high beams. the h1's are just for highs beams.

oo i gotcha now...thnx

im curious tho...since the H1 connectors are a single plug with a single wire...would a H7 plug work instead?...judging by the pictures it looks about the right spacing and size...
    Last edited by DJ_Devistatix; 05-14-2009 at 03:34 AM

No, because of patter, you cant switch H1 for H7.. And there is second thing, focal spot of H7 is in different place then on H1, so it will glare.
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast