The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: no start

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

no start

I went out this morning and my damn car wont start. I turn the key to the on position and everything lights up fine. as soon as I turn it to start, the lights cut out and i get nothing. no click, nothing. I pulld the starter, and battery. got them tested checked out fine. bought a new ignition switch, still no change. all my grounds are good, got power to the starter but nothing when I turn the key. does this sound like my relay? I am going to go out and pull it now. is there anyway to test it? i do no have a voltage meter.

TGC Regular
    replace your batt. ground wire, the same thing happened to me. Its old and shorting the system out. You can get one from pepboys for like 15 bucks

i will deffinately go get one. wouldnt hurt to replace it anyway.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    did the power system show signs of power issues prior to this?? do u have a system or anything like that can lead to a bad ground?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

nope no system. just a deck and regular component speakers.
    It did this to me twice before, but after i tried it a couple of times it would start and give me no problems for a few weeks. then do it again. this time it wont start back up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaufmanp92eb View Post
    nope no system. just a deck and regular component speakers.
    It did this to me twice before, but after i tried it a couple of times it would start and give me no problems for a few weeks. then do it again. this time it wont start back up.
    is it a weak turn over every time this happens cuz then it might be the alternator.. if its still a strong crank its the starter or the solenoid on the starter

check the starter by putting a rod of some sort on the starter and having someone try and start it.. if there is a click but no start its the starter if there is nothing it is either the solenoid or both
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

there is no turn at all. it acts like there is no signal going to it. there is power going to the terminal directly conected to the battery. had a bench test done on the starter and it worked perfectly. when I turn the key to start it acts like all the current is drained, and the door buzzer sounds like its underwater. I put it back to the on position and power like normal.(all dash lights and door buzzer are back to normal)

TGC Regular
    Im telling you its the ground. That will work

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Im telling you its the ground. That will work
    I am picking one up today along with a new relay

after replacing all this stuff, it turns out my problem this whole time was the wire that comes from my relay directly to the starter. the little 1 wire plug that is by the relay just off the main harness had a break in it. i figured it out when I was removing my neg batt cable. I replaced all that stuff and it wasnt even what was wrong. oh well. now I know that stuff is new. thanks for all the help

damn i got this same problem too..gonna def check it out right now