The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What would make the rpm jump(flicker) ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    yes
    Southern Isolation

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Ok, to check a TPS set your DVOM to the Ohms setting, if its auto ranging then leave it alone from there if not then set it at 200 Ohms to start. With the throttle closed check the resistance across signal (should be a white wire) and ground (black).

Let me know what the reading is.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Ok I will do it first thing tomorrow.
    Southern Isolation

I checked for all vaccum I made some stuff and sprayed on all vaccum lines exhaust intake,cruise control vaccum throttle body,and fuel injectors while running the engine and listened for it to idle up(change idle spped) and no luck. I think I'm pretty sure I have no vaccum leakes. I reset the battery and I ran it for about 30 miles,no code 170 yet. I put new header on because my stock had a hole in it. could that have been the culprit. Its idleing around 750-800.
    Southern Isolation

my car idles right around there with out the A/C on (give or take a few rpm lol) but thats pretty close. when the A/C clutch Kicks on, the rpm drops for a sec, then the ECU compensates for the A/C being on and raise's the idle. but that happens real quickly and is usually a smooth transistion on or off. if you want to check the tps do what 6G72 said and report back to us and im sure one of us can compare with you. or check the specs.
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

I saw a black wire,yellow with a red stripe.and two green wires,one with a white stripe and I did'nt get no reading just 0 on my auto ranging dvom. The car was not running and the throttle plate was closed. I tried all of them with the black ground and no luck.
    Southern Isolation

I dont know what the fuck im doing man. Being honest. I wish i could just pay one of you guys to complete my car for me,lol.
    Southern Isolation

Seems to be running better. Now just to install my new struts.
    Southern Isolation

what was the problem? ive been having a weird problem mine jumps up and down while rolling and im begining to think its my crank sensor since i keep getting a oil preasure light

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Exhaust leak in manifold.
    Southern Isolation

hmm mine leaks right at the dump from the manifold to the down pipe im going to get a new gasket tomorrow then

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Let me know what happens
    Southern Isolation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12