The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How much HP can an A/T handle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    leadfoot
    how much nos can our tranny hold im not too sure about level 10 becasue every one that get it has problems a year or two later. but im thinking of getting the tranny cooler and the torgue converter for the amount of nos i want at least 75 shot. and as far as the motor goes ill be pushing 170 and up all motor.

blowngalant01

AT advice....

i have a 01 4g64 with a 4g63 ported and polished dohc head and all turbo settup using a turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid pushing 16lbs of boost, i have titanium valve springs and lifters...skunk2 camshafts je pistons and rods and much much more i still have my stock auto trans and have had no problem with it.....i am pushing well over 330 horses(dynoed at frnt wheels)

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar

Re: AT advice....

Quote Originally Posted by blowngalant01
    i have a 01 4g64 with a 4g63 ported and polished dohc head and all turbo settup using a turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid pushing 16lbs of boost, i have titanium valve springs and lifters...skunk2 camshafts je pistons and rods and much much more i still have my stock auto trans and have had no problem with it.....i am pushing well over 330 horses(dynoed at frnt wheels)
    HOld up, freeze stop rewind.. Your boostin 16psi on a stock AT tranny.. How is that possible when there have been companies you put the most 8psi and blew the slush box to pieces. how are you pushin 16psi, and dont say you bulletproofed it, because i did the samething and i turned it to mush while i was on the bottle, now i have a the only 8G 5spd and i just blew my motor lastnight again.. Bro i would love to see the pics of your motor and a dyno sheet to back this up, i dont believe your pushing that much on a completely stock auto tranny..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

i would love to see some pics too....Are you new to this forum or what?
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

regrarding the boost pressure - my tranny is kind of sliping at 9 psi, when i crank the boost, but yeah headache - i ve bosting 9 psi and no tranny damage, except for slugish shifts at that boost.
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Alister_McRae

HOld up, freeze stop rewind.. Your boostin 16psi on a stock AT tranny.. How is that possible when there have been companies you put the most 8psi and blew the slush box to pieces. how are you pushin 16psi, and dont say you bulletproofed it, because i did the samething and i turned it to mush while i was on the bottle, now i have a the only 8G 5spd and i just blew my motor lastnight again.. Bro i would love to see the pics of your motor and a dyno sheet to back this up, i dont believe your pushing that much on a completely stock auto tranny..

lol, dang bro, how many engines is that so far? Isnt that your second in like 2 years? that sucks...

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alister_McRae

lol, dang bro, how many engines is that so far? Isnt that your second in like 2 years? that sucks...
    yeah its the second one already the last one was in October, and now this one in June.. I have both motor back in the garage and were lookin at them both lookin for any imperfections or cracks in the head, that could cause this thing to fall apart twice.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

can some 1 tell me about the levels on rebuilt trannys

Level10 is a company ._., and nice blast from the past btw....this was 03.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

7g automatics are so shitty you can easily blow them by

A. accidently leaving it in overdrive and going 25mph around town

B. overloading the vehicle with three of your 250+ pound buddies.

C. doing B while going down the eastbound I-10 on 115 degree day at 130mph.

goodbye overdrive clutch pack!
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

you can also weld it to help prevent it being shot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12