The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Cabin replacement filters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    I have 2001 GTZ and I think it doesn't have this filter installed. It looks like that:

What parts do I need to get this filter installed (oem part numbers) and is it worth ?

you just need a tray, filter and some screws to get it installed. i think the dealer has a kit for like $50 but don't quote me on that.

now is it worth it, its up to you. mitsubishi deleted it because people were getting poor peformance from the ac because they weren't changing the filters. if you're not gonna change the filter then don't put one in. if you have allergies then you might want to put one in.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks pinoyesv6. I don't have any allergies so I guess it's not worth extra $50.

NVMY8G
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    you just need a tray, filter and some screws to get it installed. i think the dealer has a kit for like $50 but don't quote me on that.

now is it worth it, its up to you. mitsubishi deleted it because people were getting poor peformance from the ac because they weren't changing the filters. if you're not gonna change the filter then don't put one in. if you have allergies then you might want to put one in.
    wait, so we don't really NEED the air filter, unless we have allergies?

I took mine out and havent replaced it with a new one yet. wondering if its really not that necessary.

the filter isn't really necessary unless you want filtered air.

I received the filters today, TYC brand. They come with instructions, too.

Here's what my filters look like in my new/used car I bought last weekend. This car only has little less than 25K miles.

Last edited by BGR; 05-15-2009 at 08:04 PM Reason: added pics

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    holy shit thats nasty.

You can buy the filter and tray from Ebay or any authorized dealer.
    PART # MR500360

http://www.genuinemitsubishi.com/servlet/Detail?no=42

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3659&viewitem=

I would suggest going to a pick and pull or junk yard and getting the tray assembly from there and buy a new filter from the place I listed or on Ebay.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    You have two pictured, is there another spot besides the one behind the glove box, or do you have the one under the hood in that pic too?

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    You have two pictured, is there another spot besides the one behind the glove box, or do you have the one under the hood in that pic too?
    No, those filters are from my Kia Sorento. I was using those pics as an example of why you would want to change the cabin filters (or why you would want one) and how it looks if not changed for a couple of years.

Mine doesn't have the tray, it has the bracket, then a gray 3M filter right behind it.
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005

hey fellas anyone have a diagram for the 9g? my maintenance schedule says its time to replace that thing and i'd rather not pay jiffy lube to do it

changing it for the 9g is just like how it is for the 8g

254reese
    Quote Originally Posted by GALANT59 View Post
    i was told at AutoZone my 00 G dosnt have 1....???? if it dose can some1 tell me where its located?

yeah pepboys couldn't find a listing for my 00 either, advance auto wants 26 and they have to order....glad i found this post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    hey fellas anyone have a diagram for the 9g? my maintenance schedule says its time to replace that thing and i'd rather not pay jiffy lube to do it
    The filters come with a detailed instruction sheet for your model car on how to change them.

TGC Regular
    haha, i should have taken pictures of my filter ;) I went and charged my AC, and everything was reading perfect, but inside air wasn't blowing AT ALL ! it was soooo clogged, had sticks and leaves, and lots of dust and dirt, was even a few dead beetles and bugs in there lol. that prolly would have crawled inside !

Thanks for this post !!! i just blew it out with an air compressor but it tore the filter all apart, I plan on " Modifying " this filter to fit into my 99 Galant Tray.
    Because the filter at auto zone was almost 80 bucks w/ the tray unit im guessing. ill cut it to size and hot glue the new filter onto the old tray ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    You can buy the filter and tray from Ebay or any authorized dealer.
    PART # MR500360

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3659&viewitem=

I would suggest going to a pick and pull or junk yard and getting the tray assembly from there and buy a new filter from the place I listed or on Ebay.
    I dont get it, Is the part # MR500360 the filter or filter & Tray Assembly?
    If it a kit I think for $38 + Shipping seems fair...

themadmon
    Quote Originally Posted by Faction View Post
    Mine doesn't have the tray, it has the bracket, then a gray 3M filter right behind it.
    same here. I got to send this filter back =[

This thread is full of win I've been looking for a solution to my allergy problem associating with the car. Now my 01 has a cabin air filter.

I did find a used filter tray at a junkyard for $10 :)

Sweet, i will order one for my Eclipse

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast