The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil feed questions

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Oil feed questions

Does anybody know the measurements of the oil feed on the back of the 2.4L 4g64 block? I was running a turbo setup before i decided to sell my car. To get a good blue book value I was forced to go back to Naturally aspirated setup. In order to sell my car I am still yet to plug/block the oil feed line of the turbo that is coming from behind the block. I tried going to Home Depot to find a fitting plug with a screw pattern similar to the engines but still no luck.
    If anyone had to do this before or happen to know the measurements for the fitting, your assistance will be greatly appreciated since this is the last thing left on my "To do list."

http://i.ebayimg.com/20/!BOhH83QCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly9hRBJvIeru6j!~~_1.JPG

The smaller male side of the fitting closer to the two black screws fits perfectly besides the in the oil feed hole which is located behind my 4g64 block.
    Last edited by galant3333; 05-15-2009 at 01:59 PM

u can buy another oil sensor for a few bucks and put it back in the block.. I believe its a bspt special adapter you wont find in home depot... The oil sensor is cheap and probably will be available faster..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

home depot has the plugs actually, its 1/8 npt
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Banned
    Yeah all oil plugs on Mitsu blocks/housings are pretty much 1/8 NPT. Or it's some metric size that is close enough to 1/8 NPT that the tapered threads are able to work anyway.

$0.90 part, good luck :)

u can force an npt in there if ur never gonna use i would assume but i needed a bspt adapter - the npt will get tight... unless ur plugging up something attached to the back port the actual port where the sender goes into originally is 1/8 bspt..
    Last edited by Johnathansgalant; 05-16-2009 at 07:03 PM
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

hehehe found 1/8 in home depot. thanks a lot guys!