The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spray & rinse wheel cleaners?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 66
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Spray & rinse wheel cleaners?

Anyone have a recommended spray and rinse wheel cleaner product? I already know i won't want to hand wash my new wheels all the time... looking at this product.. any feedback is appreciated

http://www.eagleone.com/pages/produc...sp?itemid=1003

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    i have that, and I have used the black magic one too. Both are awesome.

Banned
    Hmmmm, you know I was thinking the very same thing because I've hand detailed my wheels since forever. The wheels on the Evo are light and a bitch to keep clean with the giant brakes and dusty pads...

I have to wash my cars today, so maybe I'll try this shit out. I've had mixed luck with Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. It's not bad.

Best bet is mild soap and water.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Best bet is mild soap and water.
    Ha... Dave.

OK, go try that on my Evo. :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I mean i am willing to use a wheel brush on some nooks n crannies to make sure the spray penetrates the brake dust, but i dont want to spend 45 mins cleaning wheels, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Ha... Dave.

OK, go try that on my Evo. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    I mean i am willing to use a wheel brush on some nooks n crannies to make sure the spray penetrates the brake dust, but i dont want to spend 45 mins cleaning wheels, you know?
    Actually seriously...mild soap and water is best. It will help getting off most dirt, brake dust, and grime. I use what I use to wash the car since that will be made mild enough not to damage the vehicle's paint. or clearcoat.

Banned
    Actually seriously...mild soap and water is best. It will help getting off most dirt, brake dust, and grime. I use what I use to wash the car since that will be made mild enough not to damage the vehicle's paint. or clearcoat.
    I'm with what Arel is saying. I use the same wash soap/shampoo on my wheels as on my paint... just doesn't work well. The Galant is easier, must be the finish on the Evo wheels. I'll use some Swiss wheel wax on whichever wheels I end up with to cut down on the brake dust buildup.

blue8g
    haha steelies, i just soap and water 1 min per done....

I'm with what Arel is saying. I use the same wash soap/shampoo on my wheels as on my paint... just doesn't work well. The Galant is easier, must be the finish on the Evo wheels. I'll use some Swiss wheel wax on whichever wheels I end up with to cut down on the brake dust buildup.
    I use Eagle One, always works well on the wheels.

Banned
    I use Eagle One, always works well on the wheels.
    Stop trying to mindfuck me! It's supposedly not acidic, and therefore if it's sprayed off immediately, you're OK.

But it's been more than once when I've been washing one of my cars out in the driveway and somebody has stopped by and distracted me, asking about them... the curious are dangerous for my washing endeavors! Baked on polish is hard to get off. :(

i use that stuff once its good just don't let it dry on the rim and u will be fine

Experienced TGC Member
    Dont use wheel cleaner. Use some car wash soap and water and a microfiber cloth/sponge. After that apply a coat of wheel wax.

Seriously, my friend has replica Corvette wheels on his Firebird, and those babies shine the way they did when he first installed them.

Invest in a good wax. Heres the one Ive been using...

Last edited by 6G72Galant; 05-17-2009 at 04:05 PM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    Dont use wheel cleaner. Use some car wash soap and water and a microfiber cloth/sponge. After that apply a coat of wheel wax.

Seriously, my friend has replica Corvette wheels on his Firebird, and those babies shine the way they did when he first installed them.

Invest in a good wax. Heres the one Ive been using...

Are you kididng me?

That's not a wax. It's a METAL POLISH. For bare metal, including chrome finishes. Most of us have painted or powder coated wheels. Although the product says it's safe for clear coat finishes, it's for sure not designed to be used often on them. Too abrasive.

Want a real wheel wax? Here you go: http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...ROD&ProdID=186 There are other cheaper alternatives as well. Or you can just use a polymer protectant/wax like Meguiar's NXT. That'll work fine on wheels. Resilient as hell. Normal carnauba wax can't take the abuse.

i also use mild soap & warm water always come out great for me. It does take me about 5-7 mins per wheel to get them perfect.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Banned
    See... you guys don't do a ton of hard braking. Trust me, when you wash your car every other day, it's worth it just to have a quick wheel cleaning agent. If I went without cleaning my wheels for a week, they'd be dark grey.

yeah, i dont hard brake..Shit i barley even drive the car lol. I wash the wheels every month along with the car. Arel buy one of those black magic soft hand brush's and use some soap with nice bubbles, it get the job done. I tried spray on cleaners on my old wheels, it really didn't make it easier to clean IMO, so i never bothered with my new ones.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Banned
    I'll try out the Eagle stuff later today when I wash my cars.

Experienced TGC Member
    My bad Arel, thought you had chrome. Use some carwash soap and a micro-fiber cloth/sponge. Invest the 5 minutes per wheel. Its worth it. And use some wax on the insides of the wheels. That way when the brake dust builds up, you can just wipe the brake dust off.

There is no such thing as a "quick" wheel cleaner. And from my past experiences, all those "quick" cleaners leave spots all over the wheel unless you completely rinse off the cleaner. But to be honest, the best "quick" cleaner I've used was the Armor All Triple Cleaner.

BUT nothing beats a good ol bucket of soapy water and a sponge.

Banned
    I'll try out the Eagle stuff later today when I wash my cars.
    OK Wal-Mart didn't have any and I'm boycotting Checker, so I ended up getting Meguiar's stuff again. I'll use it as directed with no scrubbing and report back tonight.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast