The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spray & rinse wheel cleaners?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 66
    Banned
    Yeah, but I'm lazy. It honestly is a pain in the ass to use just soap and water on many wheels.

Dave, I know products contain a lot of acids and whatnot, but it's all about the concentration.

Banned
    OK this makes no sense, however. This Meguiar's stuff says not to use on power-coated wheels... however, it's safe to use on all factory finishes. !? Many factory finishes ARE powder coated. And if not, it's painted. And powder coating is much more resilient to chemicals than plain old paint. I don't get it. *shrugs*

I'll go look what's actually in this in a bit.

Actually, most factory wheels are either painted and clearcoated, or polished.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Actually, most factory wheels are either painted and clearcoated, or polished.
    I said many. Powder coating and painting are the same things fundamentally once they're cured, anyway. That's why I can't understand why this bottle says that.

Probably because powdercoated wheels usually aren't clearcoated.

Banned
    Probably because powdercoated wheels usually aren't clearcoated.
    Tru that... well all of my powder coated stuff is cleared.

alot of volk/works wheel guy use this, im going to order it and try it out.

http://wheelwax.com/
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Remember folks, the main purpose for this thread was to ask if using spray and rinse cleaners was another ALTERNATIVE OPTION when you're on the go, to get your wheels clean, IE will you even notice a difference after using the product. When I have the time I will use soap and water, but sometimes washing my car has to be a quick detail and spending 25+ mins on the wheels alone isn't feasible. I am not trying to figure out which is better, chemical vs. soap and water, just if the actual spray and rinse product does what it claims, safely. Just wanted people to stay on topic overall

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    Remember folks, the main purpose for this thread was to ask if using spray and rinse cleaners was another ALTERNATIVE OPTION when you're on the go, to get your wheels clean, IE will you even notice a difference after using the product. When I have the time I will use soap and water, but sometimes washing my car has to be a quick detail and spending 25+ mins on the wheels alone isn't feasible. I am not trying to figure out which is better, chemical vs. soap and water, just if the actual spray and rinse product does what it claims, safely. Just wanted people to stay on topic overall
    I'm the only one who has been answering that question. It saves a TON of time and does exactly what it states... in direct comparison to soap + water + fine brush to cleaner + brush + water, the cleaner cut cleaning time at least in half, and left the wheels cleaner anyway (especially the difficult spots to reach). Now, if you have waxed wheels, I suspect it may dissolve the wax. In that case, the product to use would just be a good paint detailer.

I'll continue to report back on my actual findings, not shit I'm pulling out of my ass.

Yea you have been giving good input, I just didn't want this swirling out of control. Thanks btw

ive used the eagle one wheel cleaner for all wheels.. i like it and it is A LOT better then the pep boys one. ( Dad got it for free so i used it)..

Also i used a foam one that comes in a can.. i think it was megeires.. not sure.. it was decent.. but i really like eagle one
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mapid145 View Post
    ive used the eagle one wheel cleaner for all wheels.. i like it and it is A LOT better then the pep boys one. ( Dad got it for free so i used it)..

Also i used a foam one that comes in a can.. i think it was megeires.. not sure.. it was decent.. but i really like eagle one
    Good feedback, thanks. I want to try the Eagle One stuff next time.

try it man.. its really nice.. cost between 5 and 6 but well worth it.. i first bought that one cus it had the most liquid for the price and it turned out to be a good investment
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

x2 on the Eagle One, I've used it for years with good results. In fact I've used on my chrome wheels too with great results. Though, soap and water is still best.

Banned
    Though, soap and water is still best.
    lol ok admin Dave, we get it.

I just use soap and water.

once i've washed my car and the wheel, I drive the car around the block(to shake loose the remaining water)
    then wipe the wheels down with detail spray and a clean rag.
    If I keep at it between washed, I use a foaming aerosol detail spray and a clean rag to keep the wheels shined between washes.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Yea I would use soap and water if I had 7 long spokes to clean too, I used soap and water on my 5 spokes as well.

Banned
    OK so I've applied a proper polymer wax/protectant on my Evo's wheels - Meguiar's NXT 2.0 paste wax. I'll see how it does over the next week and report back on how it affects ease of cleaning. They're definitely shiny now.

I tried the spray and wash stuff back in the day.
    In my experience, it only worked well if i used it all the time and didn't let my wheels get super dirty.
    If the wheels were dirty, spraying them with cleaner was just a waste of product.
    But I haven't even tried any of the products that have been on the market in the last three years.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

am i okay using turtle wax on my wheels or should i not bother and wait to get wheel specific wax?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast