The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spray & rinse wheel cleaners?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 66 of 66
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    am i okay using turtle wax on my wheels or should i not bother and wait to get wheel specific wax?
    Use a synthetic polymer wax or a specific wheel wax. Anything else may actually attract brake dust and definitely won't put up with the heat...

I'm guessing on the polymer wax right now. I'll report back with feedback.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I cleaned my wheels for the first time today and it actually didn't take as long as I though it would.. i think a spray and rinse would literally make my wheel cleaning time go down to 1 min a wheel hah

Banned
    Reporting back... using my Meguiar's NXT 2.0 on the wheels was pretty effective. Less brake dust buildup, as far as I can tell (lasted 8 days with no wheel washing with little buildup). Makes cleaning a lot easier, and actually feasible with just a sponge and soapy water on the Evo. Effort approximately cut in half plus the wheels stay shinier all the time.

I'll be switching to some purpose-made wheel wax upon my next major detail.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Reporting back... using my Meguiar's NXT 2.0 on the wheels was pretty effective. Less brake dust buildup, as far as I can tell (lasted 8 days with no wheel washing with little buildup). Makes cleaning a lot easier, and actually feasible with just a sponge and soapy water on the Evo. Effort approximately cut in half plus the wheels stay shinier all the time.

I'll be switching to some purpose-made wheel wax upon my next major detail.
    good to know, thanks.. same stuff I can use on my Konigs? i cant figure out what theyre made of.. brushed aluminimum? powder coated?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    good to know, thanks.. same stuff I can use on my Konigs? i cant figure out what theyre made of.. brushed aluminimum? powder coated?
    Your Konigs are machined, painted, then clearcoated. Any standard wheel wax or aluminum wheel cleaner would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    i have that, and I have used the black magic one too. Both are awesome.
    X2 on this...I'm using black magic works pretty good jus spray wash and wipe.

-RON

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234