The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBD2 Port problems No power

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

OBD2 Port problem Solved, Have 1 other question please

Hey everyone i'm new here i've searched the forums hi and low even google downloaded the service manual and everything and still have had no luck, my obd2 port is not giving any power, i found a diagram for a 98 galant but the wire colours are different i've attached 2 pictures, one of my obd2 port and 1 of a second connection coming from the obd2 wireing harness, the connector on it looks to be like something of a radio harness connecter.

I've checked all my fuses, they are all good everything else in the car works as it should. If i had to guess at anything the person i'm buying this car from had work done at a "shady" shop and they might have dissconnected this wires for a "return" repair if any of you could help me out here with a picture of your port, or a wiring diagram so i can get these wire's strait it would just nifty :P

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8107/image0021.jpg
    http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6220/image0031.jpg

sorry the pictures arn't to good, but in the "image0031" picture the wire colours are solid green and white/red stripe

Thanks in advance
    Poison
    Last edited by Poison457; 05-18-2009 at 12:30 PM Reason: problem solved another quick question

Banned
    The smaller connector with 2 wires is only for re-programming of your ECU. Don't worry about it.

Ironically, your ECU may be partially fried... it's ironic because a code is thrown if the OBD-II interface goes out. And you obviously can't read said code.

You're already on the right track. The red or black wire on the main OBD-II connector may be your culprit. If you have a multimeter, just check them out.

what voltage would be going through them a strait 12v or 5v? the problem is the ses light isn't on, i went to get the car inspected and thats when i found out the obd2 port wasn't working i even tried my own obd2 reader and nothing.

Banned
    It's battery voltage, 12 V

Then it's probably not your ECU then, good news.

here you go..it's actually pretty simple..if you're not getting any power then check everything leading to pin 16.

From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Just an update for those that helped me, find the problem, it's the OBD2 port itself that is bad, the contacts are correded to all hell, guess i should have seen that with the fuses in the shape they are.

one more question, this is a 1999 galant ES, 4g64 with 165k on it the PO says the engine & transmission has been replaces but as dirty as it is, i'm finding that hard to belive. Everything runs fine on it except when you first start it up, it stutter's for 10-15secs then starts to run fine, i'm gonna get new plugs and wire's and get the injector's cleaned this is my first mitsu, so is there anything else i should be watching out for with this car or other things i should be look to replace/repair?

Thanks in advance
    Poison

Banned
    The 2 coil-on-plugs are prone to malfunctioning with higher mileage/age.