The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g stock Front Sway Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

7g stock Front Sway Bar

So i went to the JY today looking for a Sub frame to replace the one i have. It's got a broken off tranny mount bolt and a lower control arm bolt both broken off and i never did get them out. My steering is getting a little suspect and i've been wanting to replace that lower control arm for over a year.

Well i happened upon a 94 G EXACTLY like mine, well almost. it did have 1up on my G. A stock Front sway bar!! Honestly, i never knew they existed?! So i got all that i need, a new trunk plus there was another G with the front sway bar. Funny thing it's the 7G i did the 8g rear seat test fit in a couple of weeks ago?!?!

I Heart the JY

will post pics later.... got to hang with the GF before she yells at me.

Experienced TGC Member
    my 7g came with a sway bar up front.. Thats odd how yours didnt. How much do you think you can get me the rear sway bar swap off of that car for?

it didn't have the rear sway bar... i checked, or i would have gotten it for myself

Banned
    I'm guessing every Galant made since 1980 has had a front anti-sway bar. Rear, nope. But definitely a front. It's more a safety thing than anything.

How did your stock 7G not have one?

My question would be (if you had the car when it was stock) if the struts or c/arms had sway bar link mounting points? If so, he should have had a front sway, if not, then well...

My G never had sway mounts on the front forks. and when i went and got parts form the jy before, the suspension parts i cam in counter with never had the sway bars. The parts i picked up today, i included the forks, or the shock to control arm support.

I'm actually pretty anxious about the future performance of the car as i am aiming to take it to Road race day. she should handle very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    My G never had sway mounts on the front forks. and when i went and got parts form the jy before, the suspension parts i cam in counter with never had the sway bars. The parts i picked up today, i included the forks, or the shock to control arm support.

I'm actually pretty anxious about the future performance of the car as i am aiming to take it to Road race day. she should handle very well...
    thats very wierd and not right. every 7G i have ever seen has a front sway bar. why your didn't, i haven't the foggiest.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    thats very wierd and not right. every 7G i have ever seen has a front sway bar. why your didn't, i haven't the foggiest.
    I dont have a front sway bar also.

thats just weird.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    wtf....i have front sway bar from factory. every other 7G i've ever seen underneath has a factory sway bar.....lol
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I remember when i first did my 5lug swap, i had to go pull a new knuckle and it took me several trips to find one with ABS. All those times i never saw a front sway bar on any of them. But maybe it was there and i wasn't looking for it. Either way, there is another G with a sway bar i can go get tomorrow if any one wants it. And if anyone wants to get me parts needed for the rear sway bar, let me know. I can't find any GST's in my jy. i have the sway bar just not the control arm and connecting arms and mounts.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I seriously thought all 7g's were equipped with front sway bars. YOu got to post pics of the front swar bar less 7g's...I am curious!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

So you dont have this

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    I seriously thought all 7g's were equipped with front sway bars. YOu got to post pics of the front swar bar less 7g's...I am curious!
    i'm in shock. i have seen every trim available and never seen one without it

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    after that pic mko i gotta go check mine cuz i dont think i have one either
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol wtf is going on
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Banned
    Nothing obvious in CAPS. I seriously cannot accept that a 1994-1998 model year car didn't come with a front anti-sway bar...

Experienced TGC Member
    This is just as shocking as the 7g coming with manual windows............. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    This is just as shocking as the 7g coming with manual windows............. LOL
    hey my car is lighter because of them!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    hey my car is lighter because of them!
    Ill just compensate for the heavier weight...................... LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast