The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Has anyone actually remedied the stank windows?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    sj420

Has anyone actually remedied the stank windows?

I think we're all familiar w/ the stinky, shoddy window weather stripping inside the doors, right?

Has anyone gotten rid of this problem? I can't stand the water not properly draining out 3 days after it rains! I'm even reluctant to wash my car for this reason. :cry: I roll the window down and then back up, and streaks galore with a bonus moldy-mop smell... Ugh... Help.

I have never smelled this. Maybe its because its more dry where I live and there is more humidity where you live. But I have never heard of this before.
    Love,
    Matt

Nick VR4
    Nope me neither

Uk weather and my Windows are fine
    Maybe you should check inside your door
    Also check the drainage holes bottom of door arent blocked

There's actually a service bulletin about this. I don't know what the fix is, but I remember seeing something about a fix for it. Manybrews???

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

My car does the same, if its not really hot and dry out I cant roll my windows down and back up for like 2 days after it rains hard or after a car wash because the windows come back up all wet and covered in nasty water spots and streaks

Gilhuly
    I haven't read any service bulletins, but from a design standpoint water is going to get down there and there must be an exit down at the bottom of the door for water to escape. Yours may be plugged?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>I haven't read any service bulletins, but from a design standpoint water is going to get down there and there must be an exit down at the bottom of the door for water to escape. Â*Yours may be plugged?</div>

Nah, its not like the door get that much water in it, its more like the weartherstripping just doesn't dry forever on the inside or something

the doors get HUGE amounts of water in them.

and the smell is from the belt line moldings, both inner and outer.

they get moldy. the fix is to replace them. although i thought that this was only on eclipses, so ill have to look tomorrow when im back at work.

EvoLuTioN
    i have the same problem... i haven't been able to figure anything out to this point... i thought i just had bad weather stripping...

guess we'll just have to wait to see what manybrews has to say...

Airbus A320
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only person who had this problem! Its kind of embarassing when I got a girl in the car and I put the window down and it smells like a locker room. I hope manybrews can find out something on this cause I need my ish fixed quick.

yep.. i found it. you all need the new inner and outer beltline moldings.
    heres a small clip from the TSB.

Thanks Manybrews, you ARE the shit!!!! Now one more question. I'm well out of warranty with 45K on the car. So the dealer will charge me out the wazoo for this. Can I buy the beltline mouldings and do it myself? If so, could you post or email the whole TSB. If not, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks as always.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

sj420
    Thanks manybrews... Always there in the clutch.

Guess back to the dealer it is. Never had a car w/ so many odor problems. :shock: I hope the "improved" mouldings aren't just another cheap replacement - these watered-down US Mitsu parts are getting annoying. :cry: