The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: air ride on a 9G??

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    elizabeth

air ride on a 9G??

Does any one know any thing about air ride on a 9G is it a bad thing if you g is you’re daily driver? I already have the lowering springs but sitting next to my crew at a show I look stock height compared to what they have. None of them have air ride they just all have more options that we don’t have. Some one told me if the bag pops im screwed. AHH help lol

what do you have for springs? i don't know anything really about air ride and i don't know if youre on a budget... if you are, you might wanna try the Eibach Sport Lines and see if you can stand losing the ride quality

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    what do you have for springs? i don't know anything really about air ride and i don't know if youre on a budget... if you are, you might wanna try the Eibach Sport Lines and see if you can stand losing the ride quality

Yup Liz Rayth has it right Eibach is best especially if you are on 19 inch rims.... as for the air ride hey someone should always be the first to try it so I say get em... dont worry about popping a bag cause if you aint hopping on it or going crazy on em they should not pop!!!

even if you do pop a bag most kits are designed to still allow you to drive or limp home lol if they do make a kit for it dont get the cheap kit from airbagit or anything from chasietech

Universal Air Suspension makes kit that actually retain the factory struts, the springs are just replaced with a hollow-core air bag. The kits are universal I dont think there is one specific for the galant, it just takes a little suspension experience and its not a terrible install. Like any air suspension though shits pricey, kits run ya bout 2 G's

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

-=This is what my G says=-

i dont know if they do but if i were you id get a decent set of coilovers and replace the springs with universal air suspension bags and run the ride tech pro air management from air ride technologies.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush