The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G OEM bumper options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

7G OEM bumper options

i will start with the newest bumper first

97-98 bumper(USDM)
    this bumper uses a diffrent T-bar or header panel than all the other bumpers. the grills are also in the bumper not the t-bar

94-96 bumper(USDM)
    this bumper uses the same t-bar as the JDM bumpers. to convert to the newstyle bumper all you do is swap t-bars.

worldspec bumper
    this bumper was offered on every non USDM galant.

VR-4 bumper
    this is simillar to the worldspec bumper except it has a lip on it.

Diamond Edition bumper
    this bumper is a specail edition that only came as an option. this bumper has a thicl lip and has 2 diffrent style foglights available. there are the regualr square fog lights and projector style fog lights. this also uses larger grills than the other bumpers.

there is also a variation to this bumper. this variation has a aluminum brush guard.
    Last edited by kolio; 05-22-2009 at 04:40 AM

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

awesome...i cant wait to get my diamond edition bumper in!!

i love the way the vr4 looks...maybe later when i get tired of the diamond edition...and after i actually finish putting my car together..haha

do the vr4 and diamond edition styles have different side skirts?...ive also been wondering about rear lips

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Devistatix View Post
    awesome...i cant wait to get my diamond edition bumper in!!

i love the way the vr4 looks...maybe later when i get tired of the diamond edition...and after i actually finish putting my car together..haha

do the vr4 and diamond edition styles have different side skirts?...ive also been wondering about rear lips
    the 7G only has 1 option for side skirts. same with the rear extensions. the rear extensions are hard to come by! but the rear extensions match the sides

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    Where the hell do i get ahold of a vr4 front bumper and fogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Where the hell do i get ahold of a vr4 front bumper and fogs?
    trigg or goku

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    the 7G only has 1 option for side skirts. same with the rear extensions. the rear extensions are hard to come by! but the rear extensions match the sides
    nice..i guess i ought a start hunting then!

projector fogs for the D.E. ?
    I want to see pics.

Also I want to see pics of the rear extention.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

look at my sig and see how badly I could use some rear extentions.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    They aren't the easiest things to come by, not many of them had the rear extention.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

here is a pic of the rear extensions. give me a little time to dig up the fog pics

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    projector fogs for the D.E. ?
    I want to see pics.
    edited first post

TGC Regular
    That Rear extension is only on the Sports GT's and even then not all of them had it.

Also the D.E bumper wasn't an option, it was the "facelift" for the JDM Galant in 1995, they all had that bumper in the last production run.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

I want a 5door 7g

I'm guessing the rear extentions would have to be... extended, to fit the usdm rear bumper.
    Seeing as how the usdm rear bumper is a few inches longer due to the crashbar.

are the projector fogs actually OEM mitsu? because in the pic it just looks like the non-fog diamond edition airdams, with aftermarket projectors mounted insde the shroud.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    I want a 5door 7g

I'm guessing the rear extentions would have to be... extended, to fit the usdm rear bumper.
    Seeing as how the usdm rear bumper is a few inches longer due to the crashbar.

are the projector fogs actually OEM mitsu? because in the pic it just looks like the non-fog diamond edition airdams, with aftermarket projectors mounted insde the shroud.
    i don't know but i have seen a couple others with them. maybe someone can confirm it that is overseas

Ive allready questioned Trigg, if he can get me those projector fogs. I will let you know, how it looks.
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

can someone identify this bumper?

98' Galant ES
    *under construction*
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/showthread.php?t=36825
    Pa-Psyfic Productions

Thats DE edition... Look like twin of my car..:-) Nice man.. Nice..
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

where do i get a diamond edition bumper and do i also need a new tbar and vents?

oo i c...the angle threw me off...

yeah i just found it on craiglsit today...apparently its in the same area as me...but ive never seen it before...it has a blown tranny and the tags are 2 years old....i think im gonna get it if he still has it (or track down whoever bought it and offer to buy it from them!)...its been listed for 2 weeks....luckily mitsubishis are very unpopular here...more or less one with problems...and kau is 2 hours from kona and hilo (everyone in kau likes hondas and toyotas)...i think someone just answered my rebuild problems...cross your fingers for me guys!!!!...i think my prayers have just been answered!!!
    98' Galant ES
    *under construction*
    Pa-Psyfic Productions

Quote Originally Posted by raceme207 View Post
    where do i get a diamond edition bumper and do i also need a new tbar and vents?
    if i get ahold of the one in that picture...ill probably be able to help you out with that
    98' Galant ES
    *under construction*
    Pa-Psyfic Productions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast