The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Warp Rotors

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Warp Rotors

On the way to Vegas, my car's rotors got warped. I think its because of many factors. For one is the heat of the desert and second, I am always braking in high-speeds. Before this trip, my car had no shaking problems. But now, my car shakes when I brake at 70-80 mph.

Stock rotors sucks!!!!!!!!
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Re: Warp Rotors

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    On the way to Vegas, my car's rotors got warped. I think its because of many factors. For one is the heat of the desert and second, I am always braking in high-speeds. Before this trip, my car had no shaking problems. But now, my car shakes when I brake at 70-80 mph.

Stock rotors sucks!!!!!!!!
    Hahaha, welcome to the club. That just sucks man. Maybe we can head out to the local shop and see what they have. And upgrade to better pads with teh new rotors while we're at it.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

MrDomu
    I'm on my 2nd set of rotors, all 4.

i just learned to live with it for a while lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

2k1gtz
    What ever you do don't buy Rotors from krp they are at a good price but they look like ass when it rains they will rust worse than stock. PLus they sent me the wrong pads so what are you supposed to do when you have it all torn appart call them and wait hell no!! I went and bought new ones from local speed shop. Does anyone know how to cure this problem? It makes me want to puke when I see my rims all blingin and then nuthin but rust behind them. I told them I wanted the Zinc coating I guess they forgot!!

Easy.........WD40 them down......Then scrap off most of the rust......Then paint them with BRAKE paint..........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Easy.........WD40 them down......Then scrap off most of the rust......Then paint them with BRAKE paint..........
    WD40 on brakes is a big no no. thats like walking on ice. just get some brake cleaner and an abrasive pad to remove the rust on the sides of the rotors. then yea paint them down on brake paint

2k1gtz
    I wanted to keep them natural but now I guess I will ahve to paint them!!
    What color do you think will look good? I have a Black Gtz riding on 18" chrome Quasar2 Momo's. I was thinking about Red because everything under the hood is red and chrome or polished. Should I use Engine block paint or do you really need to use the Caliper and rotor paint. Does anyone have a referal to what paint works the best?

silver or grey would give that brand new look. can't go wrong with black either. red is cool, looks like to be ur accent color

as for paint, brake paint would work but high temp engine paint would work. like 1200 degree and up

2k1gtz
    So then do you think a system like this one is worth it or just go with the paint?
    http://www.seriousauto.com/hard-parts/cali...aint-index4.htm
    Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1gtz
    So then do you think a system like this one is worth it or just go with the paint?
    http://www.seriousauto.com/hard-parts/cali...aint-index4.htm
    Thanks in advance!!
    thats an ecellent painting system. i'd get that but its $$ compared to a can of high temp paint. the only downside to the high temp paint is that u need to get cleaner also and touch it up every couple of months. and yea i got access to all the tools so i just touch it up when i rotate the tires. no biggie, im pretty sure it will last longer

Forget that paint, its a waste of time and money! Dont mess around with Mitsubishis stock rotors, they have to be some of the worst rotors from any Japanese car company. Your best bet is to buy some brand new cross drilled rotors and better brakes. The only problem is what company makes slotted cross drilled rotors for Galants? And I mean brakes and rotors made specifically for the Galant and not the Eclipse? I know people say the brakes are the same but I dont think they are exactly the same? So I wouldnt want to chance any problems down the road.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

2k1gtz
    Good deal thanks for the info I will order that system up and I will post pic's when I get done. I think I decided that I am going to buy 2 kits one silver for the Rotors and 1 red for the calipers. It would turn out tight.
    I hope that I can do it this weekend when I get my car back from Hahn Racecraft