The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: speedometer and lighting problem??

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

speedometer and lighting problem??

hey guys i seached and searched n i cant seem to find the problem.

my speedometer isnt working but every other meter is.also, when i turn on the headlights the gauges lights dont turn on either.

ive checked the fuse and thats fine. i took the two plugs out from the back and put them back in and still nothing.i just did a 5 speed swap on it if that has anything to do with it.

any suggestions or know anything?

Banned
    Speedometer not working = speedometer sensor wiring or related

Lighting, well looks like you've checked the obvious there.

Did you remove the cluster while doing the swap?

Check the copper tracing on the back of the cluster to make sure there arent any burnt out traces.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Line View Post
    Check the copper tracing on the back of the cluster to make sure there arent any burnt out traces.
    DIDO with what red line said.

x3 ..had an issue with me having a brain toot...checked the back of the cluster and i had made a boo boo...oh well..at least with me doing work myself..I knew where to look...

what if the speedometer is just late? I am having a problem right now, the speedometer reading is off by 10mph??
    "Our fears don't stop death, they stop life"

have you put on bigger wheels? that would throw cause the speedo to read incorrectly

the speedometer is working now..i did the manual swap and i had swap the plugs..the only problem now is that when i turn my head lights on the whole lighting for the gauges don't work.. any suggestions?

did you plug the rheostat it?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    did you plug the rheostat it?
    what?

Make sure you plugged the dimmer switch on the speedo bezel back in. The lights will not come on at all with out that plugged in.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

i know that there are to big plugs.1 on each side...where does the dimmer switch go? also, the speedometer and rpms work fine.but the fuel only reads halfway full when its filled to the top

the dimmer switch is the one that plugs into the knob thats is on the outside of the black trim that you have to first take off you know the knob to the left of your steering wheel and just under your gauge cluster

Reviving this thread for some help. I have somewhat of a similar problem. It's wierd, my speedo only works when my fuel gauge goes below half tank. When I fill her up, it stops working again. Any advice?