The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear sway bar, My first 7G mod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Rear sway bar, My first 7G mod

I picked up everything I needed in one click of the button (15mm Bar, Endlinks, Control arms, and brackets) from a 2g eclipse. I am so excited to start modding my 97 galant. I do plan on upgrading the bushings and really seeing what this galant can do around corners.

After this will be brakes and then suspension!!!

i just inherited the car last week :)

stock bar is an improvement from nothing, but it's not to great.

Good Luck modding

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i'll have a used set of Eibach Ground Controls when you're ready. They are height adjustable, but you'll need shocks for them.

make sure do something to the tranny before it does it on you

i figure this sway bar will be better than nothing. The trans is solid and i do not beat on the car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The 15mm sway bar makes a good difference compared to no sway bar. Good first mod.
    7g for life!

I also plan on upgrading to polyurethane bushings as well. If i am lucky i will get to do this on my friends lift :)

sweet start man. im just starting to mod my 7G myself. i have a full brake setup with rear disk conversion and full suspension now. just trying to pick the best few days to do it all on. but good luck with modding your G
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

wait.. your USDM Galants don't come with rear sway bars at all?

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    only the rare 1994 GS

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    i'll have a used set of Eibach Ground Controls when you're ready. They are height adjustable, but you'll need shocks for them.
    what do you want for them? I want to upgrade my max speed coilovers.
    PM and we can talk price

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Yup...you got to remember we live here in the U.S., our cars are stripped with alot of goodies the rest of the world get to enjoy.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Same here in Europe, cos some cars dont have rear sway bar too. Without ABS, with drums in rear and so on...
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

the parts showed up today. Time to go get some new bushings and have a friend press them in while the wife is not looking...lol
    97 galant... Parts ordered
    07 Ford Edge...family hauler
    02 basset hound.. Low and speedy

I don't think you US guys got entirely ripped off. In Japan the biggest motor available was 2.0L (although the most powerful is the 2.0L VR-4 V6 turbo), the smallest motor being a 1.8L SOHC carburettored engine with 120hp. The 2.4 in a 7G is pretty unique really.

I don't think you US guys got entirely ripped off. In Japan the biggest motor available was 2.0L (although the most powerful is the 2.0L VR-4 V6 turbo), the smallest motor being a 1.8L SOHC carburettored engine with 120hp. The 2.4 in a 7G is pretty unique really.
    not here. dime a dozen. you guys got all the exterior and interior diffrences too

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    not here. dime a dozen. you guys got all the exterior and interior diffrences too
    not just the different options, but the better options in my opinion

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    just wanted to bring this back really quick.. i have lowered my car and had a sway bar sitting around but when i lowered it i didnt put the sway bar on as i thought the improved handling was enough, i was wrong. i added the sway bar last night and drove it today and it feels like my car is on rails.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

See I have not had any issues with handling. I have adjustable shocks, Eibach springs and afull graphite bushing setup and it too handles like its on rails. I have not once thought about the sway bar. I hit the twisties here in norcal out near the coast and have a blast. I dont know if it is worth it or not...my opinion of course. I think with the rest of the suspension mods in...the bar is superfluous

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    When you add the rear sway bar...you WILL notice a difference in how your car handles.
    Its a good investment....especially if you find a good donor car.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast