The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weird sound... like water flow

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

weird sound... like water flow

Hi all,

I just noticed recently that after a complete stop, whenever I push the gas pedal there is a sound likes water flowing inside a pipe, in engine area :?: Strangely it can be listened only from inside the car, but not from outside or under the hood. My car is 2002, it has 10K mileage, changed oil (synthetic) regularly every 3 months. Anybody guess what it is? Should I bring it in to dealer? TIA for the reply.

your coolant level is slightly low.
    the sound youre hearing is the sound of coolant flowing through your heater core, but you hear it due to the fact that there is air in the system.
    get it checked IMMEADIATLY, before an overheat condition arrises.

Ahhh, so nice to have a Mitsu tech on the boards. Manybrews, your presence is much appreciated.

-Mohammad

I checked the colloant level this morning and it is full. Any advice?

does the water flow sound happen like all the time or just when its cold. i know i get a similar flow from my intake when the car is cold but once it warms up, its all gone.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium02
    I checked the colloant level this morning and it is full. Any advice?
    Did you check it in the radiator or in the overflow bottle? If the overflow bottle is showing full, make sure that the overflow hose going back to the radiator isn't obstructed or clogged. If it is, that actual coolant level in the engine may be low and the system is unable to draw coolant back from the overflow bottle.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

i garantee you have air in your system.. you may need to bleed the air out using a "radiator funnel" or something similar.
    also, hes right about the overflow vs the actual radiator. the hoses inside the overflow tank have been known to kink, fall off, and get clogged. so nothing will transfer from it to the raditor in time of need.

I checked the radiator and I can see the green coolant in there. I opened the radiator cap, strated the engine for a while, the coolant spilled out. I let the air go out a bit but not much. Got to check again tomorrow. Thanks guys.