The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need help fast with my gauge's

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    firemen42

I need help fast with my gauge's

i know i'm supose to do a search for my problem but this problem i'ved search and i could not find it. but i need help, my RPM's is not reading right. what do i need to do to get this and my speedo to work right?????? please someone help....

Did you remove the needles? (while installing guages or clearing them)

If so, sometimes they will 'unstick' and get back to working.. I had this problem with my fuel guage. If this is happening becauase you removed the needles I would remove the ones that are not working (carefully) turn off the car and install them (very carefully) at the 0 (zero) indicator (for the RMPs and MPH guages) If its the fuel guage acting up.. fill it up then do the same thing, but install to the F (FULL) marking..

Hope this helps..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

there is a tutorial off the mani site that tells u how to fix ur guages...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

VINDAGIN
    search turtorials ull find what ur looking for

firemen42
    well i think the RPM gauge is reading right its just that when i'm driving or even when i'm at a light the needle just moves up and down. it dose that sometimes not alot but it is starting to do it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by firemen42
    well i think the RPM gauge is reading right its just that when i'm driving or even when i'm at a light the needle just moves up and down. it dose that sometimes not alot but it is starting to do it alot.
    Sounds like it's bouncing after not being able to move. This is normally caused by the aftermarket gauges rubbing the needle. You can put some double sided tape or superglue behind the aftermarket gauges to keep them flat and stop them from rubbing the needle.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

firemen42
    I STILL HAVE THE FACTORY ONE ON

the needle is moving up and down, how much just a lil bit or alot? how about the motor is its speed moving up and down with the guages or is it just staying the same

have u played with ur guages or done any mods prior to this problem?

firemen42
    i had to replace a bulb and i just removed the needle and put it back on. the motor stays the same when it moves. it moves real fast up and down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firemen42)</div><div class='quotemain'>i had to replace a bulb and i just removed the needle and put it back on. the motor stays the same when it moves. it moves real fast up and down.</div>

try reading this http://home.pacbell.net/fong8/gstuff/gauges.htm

and o yea, when playing with ur guages, try not to play with the needles, that can be a very costly mistake.