The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IVORY_G's Project Thread [Pic HEAVY!]

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
Showing results 621 to 640 of 663
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Ouch. That looks bad - close, but not totalled. Glad everyone is ok.
    Thx man, I hope it's not.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

@ Greg, ok I see. So it's its up to the insurance company then. Because like when HSINYA's car was wrecked, the insurance company ended up totaling his car. When he came back to get his stuff from the car @ the bodyshop, they were real strict about what he could get from the car. So I would have to get the stuff off the car before I put it in. If it comes down to it, I'll probably just have to buy it back because there is so much stuff on the car, it wouldn't be drive-able by the time I get through stripping it.

Im just praying at this point that the car will be fixed and I won't have to go through all this extra stuff.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Just out of curiosity and hypothetically asking....

Say it gets labeled salvage as a total loss, and you buy it back or keep it,

What you you want for the car as is, rear ended, tranny issues... etc?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Just out of curiosity and hypothetically asking....

Say it gets labeled salvage as a total loss, and you buy it back or keep it,

What you you want for the car as is, rear ended, tranny issues... etc?
    Thats a good question... Not sure, I'll have to think about that...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Coldest part is I just sold the Kouki rear ext's yesterday and installed the Zenki one's I've been sitting on for a year and a half, then today this happens... SMH
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Glad every ones ok. Hope they fix your ride and not total it. Sometimes you buy a orange and life takes a bite of it :/

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

That sucks man, I hope you get to keep it.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    Glad every ones ok. Hope they fix your ride and not total it. Sometimes you buy a orange and life takes a bite of it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    That sucks man, I hope you get to keep it.
    Thx guys, yeah me too
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Just got my first estimate, it came to $3600. My car is only worth $2500-3000 according to Kelley blue book... Going to get two more estimates and then come to a decision.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

FYI - The number my insurance came up with didn't match either the KBB private party or dealership numbers. It was way higher, so there may be hope.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    FYI - The number my insurance came up with didn't match either the KBB private party or dealership numbers. It was way higher, so there may be hope.
    Well thats good to know!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I don't want to gas you up, but don't give up hope. I just don't think they use KBB for valuation, I think they use NADA, but that may not be true.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    I don't want to gas you up, but don't give up hope. I just don't think they use KBB for valuation, I think they use NADA, but that may not be true.
    I feel you, well either way Im ready to get things in motion. Hopefully I will get a definitive answer sooner than later.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    That's what scares me.. I've always wanted to know what they would pay for. I'm assuming jdm since that what you have on. It's only logical but then again you never know
    When I had my accident back in 2008 and had my custom projectors that I paid almost $500 for and my monster cf hood on. They tried to pay me for stock parts. But they ended up paying me retail price for the mobster hood which is $750 and $485 for my headlights plus other stock parts. I fought them over it and I won.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Coldest part is I just sold the Kouki rear ext's yesterday and installed the Zenki one's I've been sitting on for a year and a half, then today this happens... SMH
    U finally installed them and then this happens. They better pay for them or I'm gonna whoop some ass.

As far as buying her back if it's totalled. It would be pocket change. Like my bike was totalled two years ago when I got rear ended. They took $300 from my payout and let me keep it. For cars I've heard they will charge like $500 and u can keep it since its not a newer vehicle. But some other insurance companies don't even care for the car.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    When I had my accident back in 2008 and had my custom projectors that I paid almost $500 for and my monster cf hood on. They tried to pay me for stock parts. But they ended up paying me retail price for the monster hood which is $750 and $485 for my headlights plus other stock parts. I fought them over it and I won.

U finally installed them and then this happens. They better pay for them or I'm gonna whoop some ass.

As far as buying her back if it's totalled. It would be pocket change. Like my bike was totalled two years ago when I got rear ended. They took $300 from my payout and let me keep it. For cars I've heard they will charge like $500 and u can keep it since its not a newer vehicle. But some other insurance companies don't even care for the car.
    Lol! IKR? Go figure! Ok, that's good to hear. I just got another estimate this morning, $3500 at the second one...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Oh no, sorry to to see this. Glad wife is ok. I know it's not relevent, but in UK that would be a write off as repairs are only made up to about 50% of value of vehicle. Seems very harsh on what seems not such a huge amount of damage - I hope you do get it sorted. Also over here, if mods are not declared to the insurer when fitted, they will at best only replace with oem or more often than not declare that the vehicle is not as described and invalidate the insurance.
    I hope you don't have these issues over there and hopefully keep the car on the road.

im not sure about the insurance stuff in cali but here in ny if the car is older than 8 model years old, they give you the value of the estimate or the value of the car(whichever is less.....like totalled out) and they dont change the title to salvage. it happened o my civic twice already and im still driving her to this day with the same title and everything. got side swiped, they gave me book value of the car since the estimate was more. then i got cut off and again they gave me the same amount. of course i got everything fixed for less because i got the hookup and know a little bit of body work. def look into it by you, i doubt an insurance company would want anything as old as our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vee View Post
    Oh no, sorry to to see this. Glad wife is ok. I know it's not relevent, but in UK that would be a write off as repairs are only made up to about 50% of value of vehicle. Seems very harsh on what seems not such a huge amount of damage - I hope you do get it sorted. Also over here, if mods are not declared to the insurer when fitted, they will at best only replace with oem or more often than not declare that the vehicle is not as described and invalidate the insurance.
    I hope you don't have these issues over there and hopefully keep the car on the road.
    Thx man. Wow that's strict, no it's not that bad over here...

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    im not sure about the insurance stuff in cali but here in ny if the car is older than 8 model years old, they give you the value of the estimate or the value of the car(whichever is less.....like totalled out) and they dont change the title to salvage. it happened o my civic twice already and im still driving her to this day with the same title and everything. got side swiped, they gave me book value of the car since the estimate was more. then i got cut off and again they gave me the same amount. of course i got everything fixed for less because i got the hookup and know a little bit of body work. def look into it by you, i doubt an insurance company would want anything as old as our cars.
    Wow that's pretty cool, if my car wouldn't recieve a Salvage title I would probably keep it.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Well, it seems that Ivory and I have come to the end of the road SMH. My insurance is calling it a total loss, so I will be parting out he car unless someone wants to buy the car as is for $2000. I can't even believe it as Im writing it, but that's the way it is. I will be making a thread shortly, please don't inbox me as my inbox is full. Message me a [email protected] and post here if you try to msg me and it doesn't go through. Im probably gonna tear the whole car down so let me know what you want or need. The rear bumper and drivers side taillight are toast...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Damn I'm sorry to hear that your car was inspiration to me

«Carlos»

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast