The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AFC Tuning?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    Well, if nothing else, the S-AFC looks cool as hell in my center console. Additional tips on getting more ponies out of what I currently have are always welcome.

Chip

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4f4e72d4/bc...c9a7T.AMmt7J5Jc
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Here's my dyno numbers. Â*

160.9 WHP
    171.0 TQ

</div>

Ouch that's gotta hurt man I'm sure you recall my dyno numbers of about 151 whp and 170 torque, but that's with only a downpipe, CAI, and custom cat-back, untuned.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, if nothing else, the S-AFC looks cool as hell in my center console. Â*Additional tips on getting more ponies out of what I currently have are always welcome.

Chip

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4f4e72d4/bc...c9a7T.AMmt7J5Jc</div>

There is nothing i can really tell you to add more hp to what you already have.. Just keep tunning the S-AFC, and see if you can free up so x-tra power from the fuel curve..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

i don't know if u 4 cylinder guys realize that no matter what u do, even if u add +50% more fuel when at WOT the SAFC is not going to add much fuel...
    I am looking for the answer right know why is it happening...
    In my case is probably the MAS (air sensor), which i am going to replace with EVO 6 MAS.....or any other MAS like eclipse gst...
    Any comments or experience with that?
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>i don't know if u 4 cylinder guys realize that no matter what u do, even if u Â*add +50% more fuel when at WOT the SAFC is not going to add much fuel...
    I am looking for the answer right know why is it happening...
    In my case is probably the MAS (air sensor), which i am going to replace with EVO 6 MAS.....or any other MAS like eclipse gst...
    Any comments or experience with that?</div>

Yeah i came across that same problem, when i first started with my AFC, even if i added fuel to +100%, the fuel would change much at all, during WOT.. I was told to change MAS sensor or a 2 a single socket sensor like the hondaz have, but never got to it.. Your the only other 8g that i know of who is thinking of doing this as well, when i change it i want to use the GST mas sensor or the EVO 5 or 6 sensor, when i cn find one still in good useable shape..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

cool....

But i go 1 question kemist....how did u add 100% fuel on the AFC??????
    The maximum is +50%, so how did u add 100%????
    IS there anything that I don't know of?????
    Check out my ride at:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>cool....

But i go 1 question kemist....how did u add 100% fuel on the AFC??????
    The maximum is +50%, so how did u add 100%????
    IS there anything that I don't know of?????</div>

A lil secret, Apex'i has a spec II S-AFC which in most case you can only find in Japan and they have a setting for +100% fuel only at WOT at 5krpms, this is the only time this setting can be used.. I found out about it from my uncle who is Jamaica who has one on his Sigma.. He sent me one even though most of the controls are in japaneses.. Its pretty tight, but hard as shit to use, not because its in Japanese but most of the settings are so delicate one slip up and i totally screw up my motor.. When i had it tuned with this new AFC it took a whole weekend because a couple calls had to made to Apex'i Japan to get this corrected..

Gilhuly
    I get the feeling we need to hack our ECU a lot more than we have up to this point. That is one tricky piece of equipment. I would really like to see RIPP do a stock 8G black box for us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>A lil secret, Apex'i has a spec II S-AFC which in most case you can only find in Japan and they have a setting for +100% fuel only at WOT at 5krpms, this is the only time this setting can be used.. </div>

It's not a secret anymore Shane. Apexi has this released in a "limited edition" now. There's a GB on club 3G for them, and I just saw one on ebay this morning.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>A lil secret, Apex'i has a spec II S-AFC which in most case you can only find in Japan and they have a setting for +100% fuel only at WOT at 5krpms, this is the only time this setting can be used.. </div>

It's not a secret anymore Shane. Apexi has this released in a "limited edition" now. There's a GB on club 3G for them, and I just saw one on ebay this morning.

Chip</div>

HAHA, o well.. good thing i've had mine for almost a year now..lol..

Experienced TGC Member
    Do the 8g have the same mas as the 7gs still karmon vortex sensor?

What does the eclipse gst or evo 6 have?

My afc in my 7g used to work like you would think it does, lean it out and it goes lean, richen it up and it richens up...normaly have everything set to 0 (dont ask), other day turned thedial up in low rpm range to show a friend how it works and the ecu response...and I got nothing at all as if it was just ignroing the afc full +50% ... nothing. So im in the same boat I duno what happened.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Do the 8g have the same mas as the 7gs still karmon vortex sensor?

What does the eclipse gst or evo 6 have?

My afc in my 7g used to work like you would think it does, lean it out and it goes lean, richen it up and it richens up...normaly have everything set to 0 (dont ask), other day turned thedial up in low rpm range to show a friend how it works and the ecu response...and I got nothing at all as if it was just ignroing the afc full +50% ... nothing. So im in the same boat I duno what happened.
    i am trying to figure this problem out right now....
    Check out my ride at:

Experienced TGC Member
    I can tell you this, I have a datalogger and the MAS reading *IS* being increased with the afc. So the AFC is doing things, but (and yes I know its not the way to tune at all) the a/f gauge isnot responding anymore by flying into rich as it used to do. It only bothers me becuase it USED to happen and doesnt anymore so that makes me think something blew somewhere though I have no indication of any problems.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    I can tell you this, I have a datalogger and the MAS reading *IS* being increased with the afc. So the AFC is doing things, but (and yes I know its not the way to tune at all) the a/f gauge isnot responding anymore by flying into rich as it used to do. It only bothers me becuase it USED to happen and doesnt anymore so that makes me think something blew somewhere though I have no indication of any problems.
    I had that happen to me not to long ago, because as soon i would hit nitrous my A/F gauge would glow red, meaning rich at +15%. Then one day it just didnt do that anymore.. I ended up taking the whole AFC out the car re-wirring it up again with all the other electronics and then it was good.. My OBD-II was reading no problems just like yours, but after i put the AFC back it everything worked fine, and still works good, dont know that the problem was..

hmmm im taking this as getting an afc will give me little or no hp at all then right... ???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    hmmm im taking this as getting an afc will give me little or no hp at all then right... ???
    It really depends on what you have already.. If your stock, then there is no real reason to mess with the fuel curve, because once you start modding the curve changes as well at the settings, then you will have to re-dyno and re-tune to get things straight again..

hey fish, when u had your fpr, did it make a difference with the afc installed when u had the dyno a long time ago??? iknow u said at other posts the fpr worked great, just wanted to know if u dynoed it after the fpr and if the hp was still at 161...thanks
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12