The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally replacing suspension, looking for input + had a few last questions

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Finally replacing suspension, looking for input + had a few last questions

My ride has been pretty bouncy, and I'm going to assume it's the struts. Either way, I've been wanting to get a better suspension setup for a while now. Here is my list, with questions following.

Also, I'm on a budget - I'd like to keep costs to a minimum

- Tein S-Techs (Drop 1.7F, 1.3R) $217 shipped from ImportsCPP on TGC.
    - KYB GR2s $266 shipped, also from ICPP.
    - Energy suspension bushing kit.

currently equipped:
    2000 ES I4
    Stock suspension
    Stock 15" steelies with 195/65/15s
    DC Sports front STB
    Addco 7/8" rear sway bar

Do I need a camber kit? (I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that's not a stupid question)

I'm also having some clearance issues with the addco bar. The ends are hitting the rear lower control arms sometimes. If my rear struts are blown (I'm pretty sure they are), will that issue go away with new struts/springs?
    If that doesn't fix it, would a longer pair of end links work? If so, where could I get some?

How long can I expect the new strut/spring setup to last if I take care of it (cleaning, etc.)?
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i have heard the s-techs are good.. i just put a set of GR2s on Therev's 8g and IMO they aren't stiff enough.. i'd go KYB AGX or tokico illumina.. i have the illuminas.. yeah they run you a little more but i don't think you will be disappointed.. and you might need a camber kit, but when i did gabe's car, it looked very straight unlike mine which is tucked in the front fenders
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Can you give me a good recommendation on where to get a set of AGXs or Tokicos? ICPP seems to be out of them for the 8g range right now, and I'm trying to shy away from ebay due to my lack of experience with the part. I'd be okay with it if someone could vouch for a specific auction, though.

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:

i have s-techs and agxs and i love the ride quality. i bought all of mine off ebay i dont remember who i got them from since its been almost a year. the front is a lil higher than the back but overall i like it. i think i paid a lil over 400 for front and rear struts

Hey man, buy from ebay. I got my S-techs and GR2's for under 450 all around. I like the ride a lot, and it looks nice.

Well, I paid about 480 for S-Techs + GR2s from Imports Car Parts Plus on here, so I think I did okay. I'll post up some pics when I've got my manifold swap, motor mounts, and suspension installed.