The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: And it was time...motor mounts gone!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

And it was time...motor mounts gone!

Ok so I finally am looking to replace my motor mounts!! All 4 of them and after researching online and quoting local auto stores ....the lowest price I found shipped for all 4 was $199.00 oreillys and autozone wanted 314.00 for all and had to be ordered as well! so I went ahead and ordered from here...was wondering if anyone else had too or know if they will be good? lol Thanks!
    http://mitsubishi-car-parts.macautop...oductInfo.aspx

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    did you try don herrings? I don't remember what i paid for all four but it was a pretty good price.

Have you considered inserting Prothane poly mounts? I've heard a lot of postive reviews on them, and will be installing mine as soon as they come. Listening to the engine bouncing around on the mounts gets old

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Line View Post
    Have you considered inserting Prothane poly mounts? I've heard a lot of postive reviews on them, and will be installing mine as soon as they come. Listening to the engine bouncing around on the mounts gets old
    this is advice from a fellow TGCTx member when I asked him the same question...

ok if you plan on doing heavy proformance go with the prothane inserts.

Prothane are made only for proformance cars (drag or track) NOT for DD's. so its just a insert! it does not come with the mount housing. you would have to take out the old OEM inserts and install the new inserts, and from what i heard it is a BITCH TO DO.

OEM is the best way to go, if you drive your car as a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    this is advice from a fellow TGCTx member when I asked him the same question...

ok if you plan on doing heavy proformance go with the prothane inserts.

Prothane are made only for proformance cars (drag or track) NOT for DD's. so its just a insert! it does not come with the mount housing. you would have to take out the old OEM inserts and install the new inserts, and from what i heard it is a BITCH TO DO.

OEM is the best way to go, if you drive your car as a DD.
    OEM mounts are trash. They are soft and get blown out way to fast, especially if the previous owner drove the car hard.

You dont have to use them for performance, just for guaranteed lasting mounts. It's easy to press the old ones out with a press, which people try to do without.

Also, you aren't buying OEM mounts, they are crappy chinese replacements which will wear out even faster, and are of shitty quality. OEM Mitsu mounts will cost you near $600 to purchase

I bought mine for $85 shipped, and the the only downside I can think of, is there will be more vibration at idle.

rough idle will kill you down the rode when it gets annoying exspecially in the winter time.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    rough idle will kill you down the rode when it gets annoying exspecially in the winter time.
    I already have rough idle from my ripped mounts, so it wont be much worse. What difference does it make in the winter time?

The mounts ate easy to do. People say use a torch and a chisel and it's a PITA but I used a sawzaw and cut 2 notches and pushed the old insert out with a hammer and a chisel

As far as the vibration, yes you will vibrate more but after a while it will be less and if you 5spd then there won't be much vibration at all
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar

Also, you aren't buying OEM mounts, they are crappy chinese replacements which will wear out even faster, and are of shitty quality. OEM Mitsu mounts will cost you near $600 to purchase

I bought mine for $85 shipped, and the the only downside I can think of, is there will be more vibration at idle.

I agree with you on the OEM mounts which should only be bought, but they are not $600 unless you don't know how to shop around, I believe I got all 4 for a v6 for about 250.

Don herring with give you a great price check their website and call them.

Yup, the link is for the oem style and not the actual oem!

OEM mounts are trash. They are soft and get blown out way to fast, especially if the previous owner drove the car hard.

OEM Mitsu mounts will cost you near $600 to purchase

which mounts are good, then, if not OEM?

also, i beg to differ. new OEM Mitsubishi mounts cost you near $230 to purchase (4G64).